help identifying a ring worn in the film the sandpiper

queen

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
hi! i have not posted in a long while but continue to read. i recently watched a film i saw many years ago. the film starred elizabeth taylor and richard burton. i was captivated by a ring she wore in the film and have exhausted my searching abilities to identify it and get a closeup look at it. many here have excellent technical and search abilities. any information regarding this ring would be appreciated. many thanks!

Last edited:
Was it the ping pong diamond ring? It's three rings she has that are stacked each with a diamond. It's pictured here...

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/09/07/elizabeth-taylor-jewelry-auction-set-december
thanks benchwarmer. not any of those. it takes up most of her finger. comes near the knuckle. definately dark on either side. i have spent a lot of time looking for it and the closest i have come is still pics from the movie. it is never identified. appreciate your help.

View attachment 2065795

Sorry, I have no info about it but this looks like the ring I think!
thanks lucy616! that is the ring. that is the closest pic i have seen. seeing it up close it looks different than in the glimpses that i saw in the movie. it is looking more like three rings. the two outer rings now look different colors. not as nice as i thought but i am still interested to know just what it is. many thanks to all who have replied.

They look ceramic. Bvlgari probably has something similar.
thanks for the reply. i did not know ceramics were popular back then. when i saw the closeup posted here i thought they looked a little like jade on one side and maybe tiger eye on the other. to be perfectly honest, when that movie came out wooden band rings were very popular. i thought that could have been what they were.