help identifying a ring worn in the film the sandpiper

queen

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
hi! i have not posted in a long while but continue to read. i recently watched a film i saw many years ago. the film starred elizabeth taylor and richard burton. i was captivated by a ring she wore in the film and have exhausted my searching abilities to identify it and get a closeup look at it. many here have excellent technical and search abilities. any information regarding this ring would be appreciated. many thanks!

Last edited:

queen

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
Was it the ping pong diamond ring? It's three rings she has that are stacked each with a diamond. It's pictured here...

http://www.jckonline.com/2011/09/07/elizabeth-taylor-jewelry-auction-set-december
thanks benchwarmer. not any of those. it takes up most of her finger. comes near the knuckle. definately dark on either side. i have spent a lot of time looking for it and the closest i have come is still pics from the movie. it is never identified. appreciate your help.

queen

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
View attachment 2065795

Sorry, I have no info about it but this looks like the ring I think!
thanks lucy616! that is the ring. that is the closest pic i have seen. seeing it up close it looks different than in the glimpses that i saw in the movie. it is looking more like three rings. the two outer rings now look different colors. not as nice as i thought but i am still interested to know just what it is. many thanks to all who have replied.

queen

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
They look ceramic. Bvlgari probably has something similar.
thanks for the reply. i did not know ceramics were popular back then. when i saw the closeup posted here i thought they looked a little like jade on one side and maybe tiger eye on the other. to be perfectly honest, when that movie came out wooden band rings were very popular. i thought that could have been what they were.