Help I really want a bag right now..

Maybe you shouldn't visit the forum for awhile until you get your CC paid off at least a bit (less temptation). I know you love LV (don't we all), but it's not worth going into such debt over.
The bags will still be there in a few weeks/months...you don't really "need" the bag, you just want it. :yes:

Maybe you shouldn't visit the forum for awhile until you get your CC paid off at least a bit (less temptation). I know you love LV (don't we all), but it's not worth going into such debt over.
The bags will still be there in a few weeks/months...you don't really "need" the bag, you just want it. :yes:

I totally agree!:yes:

that is what I am going to do...pay off my cc and then get something later on...the bags will still be there...I have soo many lovely designer bags from LV to MJ to Gucci and Prada...soo lucky and must enjoy my fabulous pieces...tpf makes you lust after more IMO...too much eye candy for the easily tempted...will be strong...thank you for your support:flowers:

That is some good advice LV Pug, that I hope you take into consideration. We are all here because we all love LV but we all have different incomes and different bills to pay and so we just have to pace ourselves. I'm very happy for the girls (and guys) who can get what they want anytime their heart desires, I say good for them!! :smile: But everyone else just has to realize that most of the LV's that are on the website will always be there, they're not going to be sold out (only LE peices) so no matter how long it takes you, you know it will be there no matter what! This is my way of thinking anyway...hope this helps!! :girlsigh: The only thing that stinks about waiting is the darn price increases every time you turn around!! :sad:

This addiction is exactly like a drug - you get a bag, you love it, your wear it, you rave about it, then 2 weeks later you want another one - don't feel alone with this - I'm the same way and certainly there are others - sometimes you just say " what the hell, you only live once" but it's true that bills do not a happy person make - stay centered, don't scold yourself, enjoy the bags you have and get more when you can feel comfortable about it.

Voice of reason thank you so much...yes it will be there and I am going to pay off my cc completely before getting anything....me just love LV and want more!!!

I hear ya! Not buying any LV for a while doesn't taking away your love for LVs. If you really love LVs, give your pieces a little one on one first and give them your attention. Show them they can make you happy and fufilled.

Hang in there. Discipline takes a lot of guts and character. But in the end, you're a better person for it.

That is some good advice LV Pug, that I hope you take into consideration. We are all here because we all love LV but we all have different incomes and different bills to pay and so we just have to pace ourselves. I'm very happy for the girls (and guys) who can get what they want anytime their heart desires, I say good for them!! :smile: But everyone else just has to realize that most of the LV's that are on the website will always be there, they're not going to be sold out (only LE peices) so no matter how long it takes you, you know it will be there no matter what! This is my way of thinking anyway...hope this helps!! :girlsigh: The only thing that stinks about waiting is the darn price increases every time you turn around!! :sad:

Yes!!! Those price increase can really give someone an excuse to purchase something new even when on a ban! But it's only 5% at a time or something, which is SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than credit card APR.

Credit card interest > LV price increase!

Hang on in there LVpug, you can do it! Don't go overboard with LV, LV is supposed to make us happy and not sink further and further in debt...Think about your next bag wisely, take your time and don't rush. I know how it feels to 'want' a bag but not exactly 'need' it. Now, 10 weeks after I got my gorgeous Manhattan GM, I have a new craving just because I saw some beautiful pics in a thread. However, I am definitely not giving in but instead am setting aside a small amount of money every week to fund for it. My goal is to have the 'piggy bank' complete by January and then treat myself for my birthday, that is if I'm still interested in the bag. If not then I've got nothing to lose and I still have extra money. But the point is, it gives me enough time to think about things and whether I really need/want it, and if my craving hasn't subsided by then and I do get the bag then it makes it all the more special coz I've saved up for so many months... :smile:

LVpug--I know it is hard to come here and every day someone has some thing new and wonderful. It definitely is very tempting.
Sometimes when I get a terrible urge to buy something when I know I should not, I go into my handbag collection, choose a different bag to use for awhile, transfer all my goodies and "pretend" it's new. You really can begin the love affair with a bag that you have fallen out of love with again just by giving it a rest for awhile.
Dress it up with a scarf or a charm to change it up a bit and feel proud of yourself that you are resisting tempation and paying off your debt.
Then, when it really is time to get the new bag, you wil feel the thrill we all feel, but it will not be tainted with any guilt or remorse.
Sometimes it helps to know that others feel the same and struggle with the same issue.
I actually get a lot of thrill just by seeing everyone else's new purchases, and then planning my own when I know it's the right time.
Good luck and hang in there!;)

Stay strong LVpug!! :rolleyes: We all support you in everyway... I understand completely how LV is such an addiction and sometimes it can go overbroad when all we do is eat sleep drink LV...I fall asleep in bed sometimes just thinking of LV, what I want, expanding my collection, going over my wish list. But I think it's very important that you stay strong and think about your wants vs needs. :P

you have got some really really great pieces so enjoy them first and then when the time comes and you've reduced the debt then it will be time for a new one and you will feel so excited to get a new LV after waiting for so long! I too am on a strict ban, it's been tempting, but know that I do not want debt. this prevents me from going overboard! But I know when Nov comes around...it will be so exciting to finally get my azue speedy! Best of luck girl!!:yes:

Yup..:yes: :yes:

I know it's hard ..that's why I don;t use Credit card..I know I just keep spending.I've been ther in colege time lucky daddy picked up the tabs..

Now..if no $$ in my Bag account, it means no bags..

I just have to stay focus..

Good luck with your temptation..I feel you!!!

Yup..:yes: :yes:

I know it's hard ..that's why I don;t use Credit card..I know I just keep spending.I've been ther in colege time lucky daddy picked up the tabs..

Now..if no $$ in my Bag account, it means no bags..

I just have to stay focus..

Good luck with your temptation..I feel you!!!

Definitely-or if you have to use a CC, use one that must be paid off in full each month! It definitely makes you think about what you can and can't afford!

Oh yeah the temptation! I joined tPF in late May and holy s*** 4 months later I ended up with 7 LVs not to mention a slew of other stuff. And I was doing some major home improvements, new deck, new stove and microwave.

My wallet is tired. I am lucky that I can splurge on these things without too much worry but I am going through a home re-fi to get a lower rate and pay off the 2nd mortgage for the home improvements, and it is a good checkup on finances and debts, etc. I have a new job which pays about 50% more than my previous so I am fortunate in that matter too but I've earned it baby :wlae: . That extra $$ will be geared toward investments as tempting as it is to blow it on bags. OK, I did get one more bag with my first paycheck :Push: .