Help - I need Cheerleading for dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would attend my college's homecoming games, and I think the rule was, if the game was at your school, your team was the only one that had cheerleaders.

The Salve cheerleaders did a halftime dance routine, but every once in a while, they'd step in and do mini cheers.

An example:

Sit back, buckle in, the Seahawks will win.

at my high school, the away team can have cheerleaders too. at one of our biggest games (halloween) the away team only had about 10 cheerleaders! xD

I cheered and was mascot in high school, then in college I befriended many on our championship-winning cheerleading team. A lot of them also were on the Portland Trailblazer stunt team for many years (I was even in one of their weddings!)

Since you don't want to get into competition, keep it fun and don't get too crazy about the stunts unless you have some people who are really talented. We ran a lot before practice and were working out all the time, but we were kinda nuts :nuts: We had one girl I was friends with whose goal was to work for UCA...she worked out all the time for it...was a tumbling master...and then got recruited but decided she wanted to settle down and get married instead. Not that it's bad, but it was hard to see all that work she put into it not come into fruition!

Even with an inexperienced team, if you emphasize being loud, having sharp and precise movements, and focusing on moving in unison...you will look very experienced and well-put together. Even without the fancy stunts or tumbling!

Status
Not open for further replies.