Help! I have no idea what bag to pick for Christmas

SpeedyJC

Just a gal who loves purses, clocks and cats
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
Hi my fellow lv lovers! My fiance dropped a bombshell tonight that he was taking me to LV when we head back down to city at the end of week so I can pick out a present. I am calling this a bombshell as we usually do not spend alot on each other for such things. He says that I can pick out any purse I want but problem is I have no idea! I really need some input over here.

Please let me know which bag you think is best. Some info about me is I like to wear all black and I love details like studs and skulls. I have been torn about the twinset for awhile now even trying it on a few months ago however I passed due to the size but now I am kind of regretting it. I love mono but there are none on my list with vachetta because I am trying to move away from it. I have never been interested in Vuitton leather but I just got in a LE bag I ordered for myself for Christmas and I have to say I think I have changed my mind on that one the empreinte leather is just so soft and smooshy plus I find it less stand out than the mono which is nice I think. I also find myself being much more casual than dressy. As far as bags I own I already own a backpack and I have a few handheld bags but some have a strap option and I love that. I have more monogram pieces than anything and only one DE piece and one leather. I also have one crossbody bag however she is older and I dont use her much.

Here are the bags I came up with during my search:

The Rivoli
Noir Twinset
The Kimono black and monogram
The Montagine BB with studs
Mono Backpack BB
Twinset black and monogram
The Twist in black

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Attachments

• rivoli.jpg
    rivoli.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • noirtwinset.jpg
    noirtwinset.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 898
  • kimono.jpg
    kimono.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 925
  • bbwithstudds.JPG
    bbwithstudds.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
more pics

Attachments

• minibackpack.jpg
    minibackpack.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 904
  • twinsetmono.jpg
    twinsetmono.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 927
  • twist.jpg
    twist.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 1,015
I like the Montaigne the most (it would look gorgeous studded). The second is the Twist.

^ I agree! I love the Montaigne, especially with the studs..my second choice would be the either the twist or the Kimono......I think it depends on what you will be using the bag for....let us know what you pick!!!:smile:

^ I agree! I love the Montaigne, especially with the studs..my second choice would be the either the twist or the Kimono......I think it depends on what you will be using the bag for....let us know what you pick!!!:smile:

I also totally agree. I love the Montaigne. You have the combo of the Empreinte leather plus the studs. I have the Zippy with the studs and I love it. I agree with the second choice too. 😊 . Good luck. Can't wait to see what you got. ☺

Thank you everyone who has responded so far. I haven't really looked at the LV website in awhile because I'm such a preowned discontinued bag hunter so I really find myself at a lost now since it's not like I been lusting for a certain bag for awhile.

I am leaning towards the studded Montaigne which seems so far to be most popular vote. I can just really picture that bag with my leather coat and combat boots.

How sweet of your fiancé!!! The studded Montaigne is to die for and would look fabulous with your black wardrobe. I really love the hardware on it. Have fun choosing!

Thanks he is a sweetheart. We really usually don't spend much at all for gifts, we are pretty low key when it comes to that so this is definitely different.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone who has responded so far. I haven't really looked at the LV website in awhile because I'm such a preowned discontinued bag hunter so I really find myself at a lost now since it's not like I been lusting for a certain bag for awhile.

I am leaning towards the studded Montaigne which seems so far to be most popular vote. I can just really picture that bag with my leather coat and combat boots.

It's a gorgeous bag. If I hadn't bought the Montaigne in mono back in September, before the studs came out, I'd really want to get it.

Let us know what you decide! Excited for you!

You have chosen great bags, the Kimono is a beautiful bag. I was in your position a few weeks ago. I chose the Twist MM and I am very happy! I guess you need to decide how you will use it. Have fun deciding!

Thanks he is a sweetheart. We really usually don't spend much at all for gifts, we are pretty low key when it comes to that so this is definitely different.

From the way you've described yourself and your style, the Montaigne with the studs sounds right up your alley. You've got me thinking about getting one and wearing it with my black biker boots too!