Help! I have no idea what bag to pick for Christmas

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I'm heading to LV tomorrow after my doc appointment. I will have to check out that studded Alma you mentioned dlista. I hope it's at Saks because that is where I plan on shopping. I think right now it's between the twin set or the montaigne but that can all change after trying the bags on in person.

Keep us updated on your choice n lots of pics pls!!

Thank you everyone for all the advice. Seems like the two most popular bags were the Twinset and the Montaigne bb. I tried on five bags the Twinset in noir and mono, the retiro, the mini backpack bb and the Montaigne studs. The backpack bb was really cute and would have been a top contender but I didn't like the straps I found them to be too thick for my liking and the Retiro was too large for my frame. I liked the noir twinset but the two I looked at in the store I felt the imprinting were not deep enough.

It came down to the Twinset mono and the Montaigne. I decided on the Twinset mono because I had passed this bag up a few months ago for another bag and have regretted it since. I like the overall design more than the Montaigne and also my other LV Christmas bag is all leather so I just felt the Twinset with canvas was the best choice. I also was lacking a good crossbody bag and I honestly felt the Montaigne bb was abit more than I wanted to spend on one item so my fiancé is going to figure out something to do with the difference.

Anyways there ya have it! The entire long story. Thank you all again so much and I hope you all get your LV wishes too this holiday season :smile:

Sorry no pics my fiancé took the bag and put it under lock and key until Christmas.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Seems like the two most popular bags were the Twinset and the Montaigne bb. I tried on five bags the Twinset in noir and mono, the retiro, the mini backpack bb and the Montaigne studs. The backpack bb was really cute and would have been a top contender but I didn't like the straps I found them to be too thick for my liking and the Retiro was too large for my frame. I liked the noir twinset but the two I looked at in the store I felt the imprinting were not deep enough.

It came down to the Twinset mono and the Montaigne. I decided on the Twinset mono because I had passed this bag up a few months ago for another bag and have regretted it since. I like the overall design more than the Montaigne and also my other LV Christmas bag is all leather so I just felt the Twinset with canvas was the best choice. I also was lacking a good crossbody bag and I honestly felt the Montaigne bb was abit more than I wanted to spend on one item so my fiancé is going to figure out something to do with the difference.

Anyways there ya have it! The entire long story. Thank you all again so much and I hope you all get your LV wishes too this holiday season :smile:

Sorry no pics my fiancé took the bag and put it under lock and key until Christmas.

Yay!! I do too love the look of the mono/noir twin set. Merry Christmas to you [emoji6]

Congrats! I'm sure you'll get great use of the twin set. It really is an easy convenient and pretty bag.

The backpack you tried on was probably the PM size then, since PM and MM have the big thick straps and the mini has really thin ones

Yay!! I do too love the look of the mono/noir twin set. Merry Christmas to you [emoji6]

Thank you. I really love the contrast of the noir and mono too so I'm happy to add this little baby to my collection.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll get great use of the twin set. It really is an easy convenient and pretty bag.

The backpack you tried on was probably the PM size then, since PM and MM have the big thick straps and the mini has really thin ones

Oh ok yes it was the pm then but I don't think I would have wanted to personally go anymore smaller than that, the pm is really a nice size for anyone who maybe debating. The bag is beautiful but my shoulders are just too small if I had normal shoulders the straps would have been fine. The twinset really is a neat little bag and I love how it has the three compartments.

Last edited:
Thank you. I really love the contrast of the noir and mono too so I'm happy to add this little baby to my collection.

Oh ok yes it was the pm then but I don't think I would have wanted to personally go anymore smaller than that, the pm is really a nice size for anyone who maybe debating. The bag is beautiful but my shoulders are just too small if I had normal shoulders the straps would have been fine. The twinset really is a neat little bag she I love how it has the three compartments.
Congrats on your lovely choice! The Twinset in mono/ noir is a very elegant cross body. It sounds as if you were very thorough in your search and had a nice day of LV shopping!

I would suggest Montaigne ,Kimono or The Twist in black. Mini backpack was just released so if you want it you can always get it later. Of those 3 bags I like the style of montaigne the best, but I prefer epi leather over the emperiente leather.
I'm not fan of Rivoli and twinset, so I don't suggest them to you.
Good luck deciding!Its very sweet of your fiancee to cheer you up in this way, so enjoy your shopping!:smile:

Oh, I see now you've bought your dream bag!Enjoy!

Oh, I see now you've bought your dream bag!Enjoy!

Thank you so much.

Congrats on your lovely choice! The Twinset in mono/ noir is a very elegant cross body. It sounds as if you were very thorough in your search and had a nice day of LV shopping!

Thanks. I was thorough alright, the SA was so nice though and patient and so was my fiancé. I was overwhelmed abit so I even took a stroll around Saks to mull over my decision. My fiancé said that one would think I was buying a car :lol: this isn't my first in store LV purchase but all the other times I always knew exactly what I wanted.