Help! Hot stamping gone wrong? or am I just to picky?

This situation makes me so angry. I feel for you so much, since I would feel the same way. I would keep trying to get the exchange and, if that fails, try to remove the color with tape or another gentle method.

it makes me happy that all of you feel the same way! that it DOES look awful and that they SHOULD do something about it!
I'm going to write again and see what happens! if that doesn't work i'm going to the store with a friend of mine who is always invited to all lv events and she told me that there has been a "hotstamping event" and they messed up the bag of a customer and they immediately exchanged it to a new bag.
so i'm taking her with me because if she complains about the quality it might work because she's a "vip" customer. (don't know how to call it)

Last edited:
i just got a new neverfull and wanted to get it hot stamped. they showed me the result and it looked good at the store, but when I went home I saw that there is color "missing" at the top of the A (it looks like it's already coming off) and the W is blurred. You don't see it from a far distance, but I know that it is there and I'm not sure if I have to get over something like this, if I just spent a lot on this bag.

My problem is they warned me that if they do it with color, it might peel off sometime. so should i go back and confront them?
He/she clearly forgot the finishings. Bring it back, no shame on this!

it makes me happy that all of you feel the same way! that it DOES look awful and that they SHOULD do something about it!
I'm going to write again and see what happens! if that doesn't work i'm going to the store with a friend of mine who is always invited to all lv events and she told me that there has been a "hotstamping event" and they messed up the bag of a customer and they immediately exchanged it to a new bag.
so i'm taking her with me because if she complains about the quality it might work because she's a "vip" customer. (don't know how to call it)

That happened to me aswell. I had my speedy heatstamped a few years back. The person who did it was the leather goods manager and she came out to me after a few minutes to tell me that she wasn't happy with the job she did as it wasn't up to LV standards. She apologized and offered me a new bag on the spot or a store credit.
My bag wasn't new when I brought it in for the heatstamping so I just opted for a brand new bag which she heat stamped perfectly the second time. She showed me my first bag and honestly I didn't think it even looked bad but she said it wasn't up to their standards so they wouldn't let a customer have something not up to their high standards.
GL on finding a resolution!

Reactions: archengsculp
so i heard that it was possible to remove the color of the hotstamping with a rubber? Someone suggested me that i should remove the color and let them hotstamp it again.

So does Louis Vuitton add color later on? Has anyone experiences removing color of a hotstamp?

so i heard that it was possible to remove the color of the hotstamping with a rubber? Someone suggested me that i should remove the color and let them hotstamp it again.

So does Louis Vuitton add color later on? Has anyone experiences removing color of a hotstamp?

Don't do it, let them remove it (if it's possible to remove it), if you didn't do it right, they may refuse to further repair your bag!!

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

what if you just ask them to replace the strap? the point is YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, it doesn't matter if you can't see it from far away or it's microscopic up close. Sorry you are having to deal with this, they should understand that we spend an exorbitant amount of money (more than the average) on our bags and it SHOULD be the way WE want it not them!

what if you just ask them to replace the strap? the point is YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, it doesn't matter if you can't see it from far away or it's microscopic up close. Sorry you are having to deal with this, they should understand that we spend an exorbitant amount of money (more than the average) on our bags and it SHOULD be the way WE want it not them!

I asked them to exchange the strap and they told me they would have to charge me 51 €!!!!

For a mistake they made!

i just got a new neverfull and wanted to get it hot stamped. they showed me the result and it looked good at the store, but when I went home I saw that there is color "missing" at the top of the A (it looks like it's already coming off) and the W is blurred. You don't see it from a far distance, but I know that it is there and I'm not sure if I have to get over something like this, if I just spent a lot on this bag.

My problem is they warned me that if they do it with color, it might peel off sometime. so should i go back and confront them?
That does not seem right. Maybe they used too much ink and it ran?

I'd end up paying the extra money. Stupid, I know, but I am not confrontational. The hot stamp would drive me nuts and I'd forget the extra money before I forgot to see the initials.
I don't really shop at LV anymore because of an incident like this where I was blamed for "using the bag wrong" when the C ring on a Milla I'd owned for just a few weeks kept opening causing the bag to fall off my wrist. I turned off the whole brand after that incident and the way they treated me.
Wish you luck, but don't stress too much over it one way or the other.