help! HH charged me twice

kismet86 & dyannek - I'm sorry that you guys got charged twice! Kismet, I'm glad that you were able to call and I'm sorry that the girl you spoke to wasn't very friendly or helpful.

I've had this happen to me with other retailers and it always ended well. There is a possibility that HH may have processed the transaction twice (maybe the first transaction did not go through for a multitude of reasons and they did it again), but the extra charge(s) will usually roll off in about 5 business days. I would call Paypal/your bank/your CC company to see what's up and then I would call HH Support based on what your bank tells you. Ask for Salina since she's been fantastic to me and other HHHotties. HTH!

Thanks I will try Salina if it doesnt drop off in a day or two. I used my paypal debit card with funds already in my paypal account so I dont have a bank or credit card to call.

FWIW, an odd thing happened to me with a recent HH transaction. I bought 3 items during the Wishful sale (it's hard to keep up with the sale names but it was the one that occurred in the beginning of December). One of the items was on a short backorder at the time (the Lagoon Passport Multi-Function Leather Case). The delivery date kept getting pushed back because the backorder date of the Passport Case kept getting delayed. Eventually HH mailed out the other 2 items within a few days. I saw that there was a pending charge on my debit card and I thought that it was done.

Then I noticed a pending HH charge on my debit card about a month later!! I didn't buy anything since that sale so I was really shocked to see what appeared to be a random charge from HH. So I backtracked through my online banking and I figured out that the charge was from a month ago! I called Support ASAP. I explained to Salina what I think happened. She confirmed that the charge was from my Wishful Sale purchase and that I was just charged for what they shipped to me a month ago!

Salina was apologetic for the confusion and explained they have a new processor. So what probably happened was that HH shipped what was in stock and realized that they forgot to charge me so they did just that right away.

I'm glad that it was all sorted out but the late charge really threw me off! I’m sure it will work out for you guys though. :yes:

Huh, this is weird. I just happened to be checking over my cc statement and noticed there was a pending charge of $173.50 from HH today. I haven't bought anything in that amount since 1/21, and that charge already appears on my card. I guess I'll have to call them if it doesn't drop off. They must be having some tech issues: all my returns are showing up as "repairs" as well (there was another thread about this, and I know it'll get fixed, just a little odd).

fafnir, yeah, to be honest, this is getting a little concerning. I had a nice note from Salina today about a mysterious charge and that it would be taken care of, but - this behavior reminds me of certain behaviors in mid-2007, and it just makes me nervous. I swore then I'd never buy from HH directly again - LOL. I know it will all be OK in the end, but still. And yes, this is the HHHottie Den Mother, Biggest Fan of Ben and Toni Ever, writing. LOL.