Help! First BBag- what color and style should I get??

Sheren, when I bought my first Bbag, I knew I wanted something other than black. Like you, 99% of my other bags were black. I decided to go for an ink city. I've never regretted it! Ink will probably be harder to find now, but I think they pop up on ebay from time to time. :yes:
If you decide to purchase one from a store, then I would vote for the grenat or blue india. Both are versatile colors, and it would look great against your black wardrobe. And as the other ladies suggested, the greige would be a good choice too. :heart:
That's my only problem with these Bbags. So many colors, so little money! :P
Good luck, and let us know what you decide to get!

:sad: :sad: money money money... more more more...so that... b bag bbag bbag...more more more...

I also vote for Fall '06 Greige. I never thought I would like that color, but once I got my twiggy in it, it was love at first sight! It pops against my Jeans, Dark brown, black, some greens (ex olive), some pinks, purples/amethyst, etc.. Great neutral color. I also have and would recommend Fall '06 camel, Grenat or Sapin. All 3 look great with black. Spring '06 Ink is beautiful as well. I am not one for bright colors in my bags, but the Rouge VIF is truly a TDF color, one that I could not resist once I saw it. Good luck and have fun choosing your new Bbag color!

Hi Ladies,

I'm loving the balenciaga twiggy but I can't decide what color to get. I want something that's kind of a neutral that I can wear often but not your basic black or brown. I was thinking maybe the greige? Or do you guys think I should wait for next season? Any suggestions for color would be great!!! Oh and where's the best place to find/purchase? Sorry, I'm a total bbag newbie! :P

I know how you feel because I posted for help from these great BBag PFers, too!!!:crybaby: My dilemma was between Camel and Truffe. But they are both in the brown family, which you were trying to avoid. Good luck with your choice. It has been great getting help with my 'dilemma here in PF:heart:

I think most of the colors for FW 06 are pretty neutral, with the exception of the rouge vif. Sapin is a dark dark pine green; grenat is maroon; greige is cement colored.... I think any of these would be neutral but with some pop.

or you can try to find an ink something or other... fantastic color!

Hi Texasgirl, the gris fonce colour looks really beautiful. That was the colour I wanted orignially, but ended up getting a greige twiggy. I'm thrilled with my bag as it's in such a versatile colour. I can't believe how many outfits it goes with. Looks superb with blacks, blues, purples, greens, and pinks, but also with browns, beiges and other neutral shades. I think it would be a more versatile colour than the gris fonce, but it all depends on the colours in your wardrobe. I got mine from Aloha Rag, but I believe they have sold out of the greige twiggy. Good luck with your search. I hope you love whatever you decide on.:flowers:

Hi Texasgirl, the gris fonce colour looks really beautiful. That was the colour I wanted orignially, but ended up getting a greige twiggy. I'm thrilled with my bag as it's in such a versatile colour. I can't believe how many outfits it goes with. Looks superb with blacks, blues, purples, greens, and pinks, but also with browns, beiges and other neutral shades. I think it would be a more versatile colour than the gris fonce, but it all depends on the colours in your wardrobe. I got mine from Aloha Rag, but I believe they have sold out of the greige twiggy. Good luck with your search. I hope you love whatever you decide on.:flowers:

Thanks helenc! I must admit, the pictures of you and your greige twiggy are really tempting me to get that bag. It's beautiful on you! I think I'll have to go to Saks and NM to see them in person again to make my final decision. :Push: One last question, you think there will be any gris fonce bags left at NM or Saks? P.S. I love this forum and all your input ladies! :heart: