Help! eBay buyer sent back fake! PayPal is enabling scammers!

Ebay and paypal don't accept pictures or recordings of items vs. what the buyer claims to have received. The only way that documentation would help would be in cases where you or they filed a small claims action.

In fact, there have been cases where buyers have filed SNAD, claimed not to have received what was listed and then have returned a box of rocks. Yet when the seller appeals claiming she didn't receive the same item as sent, ebay rules in the buyer's favor stating that that's the buyer's claim -- not receiving the same as advertised.

That's odd. When I disputed a buyer on a dress she bought claiming it had been shrunk, they were willing to accept the video if it went further, but once I told her I had the video that's timed and dated along with her postage label, she went away! It may depend on who you get on the phone, but last month, the rep I spoke to said we may need it if it goes further. Even if you don't take a video, it's a good idea when a bogus return comes up to say you have one... This was actually my second buyer who backed down when I told them I had it. Another claimed an item was dirty, when it was new! She had buyers remorse which is not a legitimate reason for return.

I've filed several reports and USPS is included. I asked the Top Seller if they could provide me with their PayPal case number so PayPal can finally put two and two together, but I haven't heard back.

Doublewats is genius! Apricot, I received your PM, thank you! BeenBurned, Roku and everyone else, thank you so much for your support - means a lot!

I really wish justice would prevail! eBay buyerID philena86, lenasworld24 has the same handbag scheme as the woman in the article at the link below.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ate-designer-handbag-scheme-article-1.2652175

Thank you for giving us her ID's. I blocked her on my listings. I really think it's time for someone to do this to her.... It would serve her right! She obviously has no soul, and conscience at all! I know this is an older thread, so I hope by now you got some resolution in your favor. I don't think it's right to be able to dispute on ebay, and paypal. It should be ebay only for ebay transactions. Once a final decision is made, it should be truly final! I'm going to check out her stuff, and see if her life can be made miserable..... lol

Ebay and paypal don't accept pictures or recordings of items vs. what the buyer claims to have received. The only way that documentation would help would be in cases where you or they filed a small claims action.

In fact, there have been cases where buyers have filed SNAD, claimed not to have received what was listed and then have returned a box of rocks. Yet when the seller appeals claiming she didn't receive the same item as sent, ebay rules in the buyer's favor stating that that's the buyer's claim -- not receiving the same as advertised.

That's odd. When I disputed a buyer on a dress she bought claiming it had been shrunk, they were willing to accept the video if it went further, but once I told her I had the video that's timed and dated along with her postage label, she went away! It may depend on who you get on the phone, but last month, the rep I spoke to said we may need it if it goes further. Even if you don't take a video, it's a good idea when a bogus return comes up to say you have one... This was actually my second buyer who backed down when I told them I had it. Another claimed an item was dirty, when it was new! She had buyers remorse which is not a legitimate reason for return.
This is one of those examples of ebay/paypal telling a caller what she wants to hear. Had push come to shove, they wouldn't have accepted the video but in this case, since the threat of a video was enough to deter the buyer, it did work in your favor.

Reactions: Shoppinmel