Help...Does Canard resemble 07 Anthra w/its teal undertones? Would I be duplicating?

benr

O.G.
Jun 22, 2006
I haven't seen the Canard bags IRL and before I proceed with ordering one, I just want to make sure that it won't be too similar to my 07 Anthra? Since they both have a lot of teal I want to make sure. A recent discussion was had comparing/contrasting Canard to Officier, but I'm curious how it compares to the 07 Anthra. Any opinions would be soooo helpful. Thanks a ton!!!

bumping for you... I can't tell you for sure since I've never seen Anthra 07 IRL. I had the same concern as I have Anthra 08 and they're really nothing close. Hopefully someone else can be of more help. I posted these in another thread, but here's a close up of Canard maybe that will help?
GSHCanardCity888.jpg

I haven't seen the Canard bags IRL and before I proceed with ordering one, I just want to make sure that it won't be too similar to my 07 Anthra? Since they both have a lot of teal I want to make sure. A recent discussion was had comparing/contrasting Canard to Officier, but I'm curious how it compares to the 07 Anthra. Any opinions would be soooo helpful. Thanks a ton!!!

Canard is definitely more blue than 07 Anthra. It is a Dark Teal/Navy with maybe some gray undertones. But the teal/navy stands out to me. Not really a gray bag in my eyes. Here is mine

Attachments

• P3160077.JPG
    P3160077.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 110
yes, TMitch,
that's what I was trying to say. It's a definite blue bag, won't be confused with being gray. That was my concern but as soon as I saw Canard, I knew it wouldn't be confused with a gray bag.

No. Canard is a hard to photograph primarily dark blue color. In person or truly accurate photographs, it could not be mistaken for a gray bag of any sort. It is also not really close in color to tempete, despite how it looks in some pictures, IMO.

I agree with the other ladies.

I saw Canard IRL today. It's a cross between the two pics posted above. Not as bluish as TMitch6542's, but not dark like imonpurseblog's. You can definitely make out the teal/blue tones of the bag. I love the colour!

canard is very close to marine 08, not grey at all. it has a dark teal undertone in it and the blue sealant brings the blue out more than marine.
anthra is a dark grey color.

While I don't have the Canard (I have seen in IRL), I do have an '07 Anthra PT ... they are not even close! The Anthra is more like a Charcoal Grey with a teal undertone; the Canard looks like a dark (almost Navy) Blue with the Teal undertones. It's funny ... love my '07 Anthra, but didn't feel anything for the Canard! Go figure ?!?!!?

Here you go, this should help. This is my Canard.

Attachments

• Part Time Front in chair.jpg
    Part Time Front in chair.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Part Time Teal up close.jpg
    Part Time Teal up close.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 66
  • Part Time Canard chewy leather.jpg
    Part Time Canard chewy leather.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Part Time handles.jpg
    Part Time handles.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 59
  • Part time zipper up close.jpg
    Part time zipper up close.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 66
benr, you can go ahead with canard, it's a gorgeous color, it won't be like your 07 anthra, the blue sealant is so pretty and brings the blue out of the bag even more.