Help...Does Canard resemble 07 Anthra w/its teal undertones? Would I be duplicating?

benr

O.G.
Jun 22, 2006
I haven't seen the Canard bags IRL and before I proceed with ordering one, I just want to make sure that it won't be too similar to my 07 Anthra? Since they both have a lot of teal I want to make sure. A recent discussion was had comparing/contrasting Canard to Officier, but I'm curious how it compares to the 07 Anthra. Any opinions would be soooo helpful. Thanks a ton!!!

imonpurseblog

Sep 28, 2007
bumping for you... I can't tell you for sure since I've never seen Anthra 07 IRL. I had the same concern as I have Anthra 08 and they're really nothing close. Hopefully someone else can be of more help. I posted these in another thread, but here's a close up of Canard maybe that will help?

TMitch6542

May 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I haven't seen the Canard bags IRL and before I proceed with ordering one, I just want to make sure that it won't be too similar to my 07 Anthra? Since they both have a lot of teal I want to make sure. A recent discussion was had comparing/contrasting Canard to Officier, but I'm curious how it compares to the 07 Anthra. Any opinions would be soooo helpful. Thanks a ton!!!
Canard is definitely more blue than 07 Anthra. It is a Dark Teal/Navy with maybe some gray undertones. But the teal/navy stands out to me. Not really a gray bag in my eyes. Here is mine

Attachments

imonpurseblog

Sep 28, 2007
yes, TMitch,
that's what I was trying to say. It's a definite blue bag, won't be confused with being gray. That was my concern but as soon as I saw Canard, I knew it wouldn't be confused with a gray bag.

rollergirl

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
No. Canard is a hard to photograph primarily dark blue color. In person or truly accurate photographs, it could not be mistaken for a gray bag of any sort. It is also not really close in color to tempete, despite how it looks in some pictures, IMO.

delmilano

loves b bags
O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
balenciaga heaven
canard is very close to marine 08, not grey at all. it has a dark teal undertone in it and the blue sealant brings the blue out more than marine.
anthra is a dark grey color.

benr

O.G.
Jun 22, 2006
Thanks. You guys are awesome!!! I think i'll have to take the Canard plunge given this data and pics. Thanks again everyone for your input!

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
While I don't have the Canard (I have seen in IRL), I do have an '07 Anthra PT ... they are not even close! The Anthra is more like a Charcoal Grey with a teal undertone; the Canard looks like a dark (almost Navy) Blue with the Teal undertones. It's funny ... love my '07 Anthra, but didn't feel anything for the Canard! Go figure ?!?!!?

delmilano

loves b bags
O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
balenciaga heaven
benr, you can go ahead with canard, it's a gorgeous color, it won't be like your 07 anthra, the blue sealant is so pretty and brings the blue out of the bag even more.