HELP..DH is almost there...now Birkin or Kelly?

POTH - darlin' that is such a nice dilemma!! You totally deserve both. But, if you have to choose, how about a retourne 32cm togo Kelly? It is a much more casual style than a sellier Kelly in a stiff leather like box. And, with a shoulder strap, it is as functional as it is beautiful.

Of course, a Birkin is nothing to sneeze at.... LOL!!

Not much help, am I? Sorry....

LOL...well I'm going to throw in a thought for a bolide....it has a strap which could come in handy for using with 3 kids....zip top so they don't tip it and all spills out....and open top with easy access....and very cool in general!! Okay I know that's not quite what you asked...

tsk tsk shoes, don't try to push your crack here. lol

now let's focus, princessofthehouse wants a birkin and kelly, but in which order?
living with a car is a factor, but doesn't rule out either, imo. a kelly requires effort for access, but you don't have to close it when it sits next to you in the car. a birkin can be a little cumbersome but again, if it's sitting beside you in the car a fair amount, then it won't be too big of a problem, and 30 is a very reasonable size (will also work for your casual/nice evening dinners).

Love all of you ladies! I definately think I like the retourne kelly better than the more rigid style. Is that what Minnie or Rose have? I am planning that whatever I buy now I will use for the next few years. Down the road, I will hopefully get the other. This one, though is going to be it for quite some time. Thanks again for all the great help so far.

PoH - With 3 kids of my own, I love your first bag the Evelyne:heart: (WHICH you HAVE NOW)...The Evelyne has a shoulder or side strap already,

so my opinion is ***A BIRKIN***It's casual, it's fun with your outfits that you wear, and you can store all your kids and DH's junk? (nah, j/k). It'll just give you more diversity, b/c you have the Evelyne already.

2nd choice, I love the Kelly, and agree a 32cm retourne would be divine, w/ a Bolide strap.

Good Luck, sorry...no HELP!

I vote for Kelly, retourne so it gives appearance more relax on the look! You can carry her as a handbag and also you have an option to carry her as shoulder bag too!
Good luck!

my Dear! The Birkin May Be The Bag Of The Moment, But Getting In And Out Of It, Is A Drudge! I Returned Mine, And Can Tell You---go With Grace Kelly...get A Classic Kelly!! Easy To Open And It Is. It Is, Hermes, Par Excelence!!!
Christina Ballerina...hermes Devote

Hi J! I think you would look great with either but you did seem set on a Birkin to start with. So, maybe start with that and then get a Kelly later. You will still have your lovely Evelyn for days when you need to go 'hands free'.

Since you have the Evelyne, which provides a casual look and easy access, I'd go for a 32cm Retourne Kelly that would be a better bag for day-into-evening. THEN, go for the Birkin later.

For me, a Birkin is not THE ideal "everyday" bag I thought it would be - especially with kids in tow. True, mine is a 35cm and can feel bulky. When I tried a 32cm Kelly, it was much more streamlined and easy to manage - the 30cm Birkin would probably be easier than mine, though. :smile:
If you want all of the features of the Birkin and Kelly combined into one bag, it's the Bolide. :smile: (waving hi to Shoes and Heels)

I'd go for a birkin - given how you just described your typical attire and schedule. I wear capris, t-shirts and flips flops/sandals most of the time and a kelly looks too "much" - formal on me. So, I typically run around with my birkin if I know I have a spare hand, a trim or my BV cabat if I know I need my hands or a bigger bag to dump all the stuff I carry around.

I rarely carry my kellys except on the nights out. But even then, a 30cm birkin would do.

Good luck with your decision. It is hard ;)