help convert this person to the "Brown Side"

1) I was told by an SA that the buckle was plastic. But he could've been new, so who knows.
2) I didn't say all LV bags look cheap. I really like the Epi leather and the new spring collection bags (they're on this thread's OP's blog, you should check it out if you haven't)
3) About the material: There are LOTS of *****y girls around here all carrying the monogram and damier speedies. I guess I was just biased when I was disparaging the material. I'm sure all of you here are nice people.
4) So I'm a troll now because I didn't like one LV bag?
5) I've seen it in real life. Just because I don't think one LV bag looks nice doesn't mean I can't tell quality from crap.
6) I know it's coated canvas but it's coated with synthetic polymers...like plastic.

Plastic or not, if you like it, then that's all that matters. :yes: I'm just one person and I still happen to like Balenciaga (I know, you all think it's SOO '05).

Well, he has a point and his opinion is as valid as is any other's. That includes the blogger bagsnob too: posting negative opinions about LV does not make them trolls at all!

I definitely agree. I like certain LV bags but honestly there are many in their lines that I do not like at all. For example, I do not like the groom line at all. That's just me. I wouldn't buy them just because they are Louis Vuitton either. I have to like the bag for myself. That goes for any other designer items I like. I may love to wear a certain designers clothing but if they make something cheap and just stick their name on it but still looks cheap and tacky...I'm not buying or wearing it.

It doesn't make anyone a troll because they post their own opinion about a bag. Afterall the LV board isn't a 'cult'. Yes, we share a love for LV but it doesn't mean we have to like everything LV makes or defend those items.

Besides fashion blogs, anti-LV statements (and the common misunderstanding that LV bags are made of plastic) can be found in many books as well. I recently stumbled upon a book called The Language of Clothes and on page 133 under "conspicuous labeling" I found this paragraph:

There was, for instance, a great boom in the sale of very ugly brown plastic handbags, which, because they were boldly stamped with the letters "LV", were known to cost more than similar but less ugly brown leather handbags."