HELP! Christmas gift ideas for my girlfirend...

haha . I love shopping for other people.,

Anyways.. I know I'm biased because i LOVE MJ... but you can't really go wrong with the soft calf MJ bags with pushlocks... MJ's quality is way better than rebecca minkoff... (i also own a rebecca minkoff morning after bag)... A black MJ pushlock bag would be a go-to bag for her... (i feel like i'm trying to sell it... haha)

But yea, is she a hand carry bag type of person? Or shoulder. Speedy is strictly hand carry.. I dunno that's a big factor in handbag buying to most people.

her gucci is a hand carry bag... she doesn't seem to mind, but it's also a small bag. i imagine if it was any larger she'd want to be able to put it on her shoulder or carry it in hand. the mj bag is really nice... it's at the very top of my budget too though. so i'll have to consider that.

missypoo... i was looking around at other threads and found one about an rm sample sale. i noticed you posted in that thread. can you give me details on this? i live in canada, so if i ordered anything, it would have to be by phone or email. how do i get a hold of them? if this works... it may have made up my mind for me. hahaha

Sample sale for phone orders are over... However, I think there are threads about stores w/ RM and you can check Deals and Steals, search for whatever store and use a discount code.

one option would be to get someting at a high end department store like neiman marcus, saks, bergdorf, etc...
you can get a bag that you like and if she totally can't stand it, she has tons more to choose from! hehe

i went to the store tonight and i looked at all the morning after colors side by side, and the berry color was by far the nicest in my opinion. thoughts?

stephluvspurses - the problem is i need to order it online because the prices are far far higher here in canada.

elizat - thank you for the tip.

what about a Balenciaga motorcycle line bag in the "First" style in black. Classic with an edge. Can be dressed up or down. $995.

diabro.net has them for less right now. Hassel free payment through paypal. Otherwise, they will verify and ask for more information from you. Fast shipment. Black twiggy is a cute style. So is the Black Day style--on Diabro. net it is a steal! I believer the day style also retails for $995. You can check out all the colors and styles in Balenciaga's subforum under the reference section. My husband prefers to get me Balenciaga over Chanel or Rebecca Minkoff. Though I love all these brands....well my first RM is preordered and not in my hands right now.

If u do get her one, beware. Once she touches one of these squishy, smooshy, and chewy leathers, she will want another one...

I love Balenciaga bags the best (the First is a great suggestion), but since you already know she loves Marc Jacobs, I vote for the black small multipocket mentioned earlier in the thread---I have a couple of MJ pushlock bags myself, and they are one of the most well-constructed bags I have ever owned. The style is definitely classic and very versatile.

I love Balenciaga bags the best (the First is a great suggestion), but since you already know she loves Marc Jacobs, I vote for the black small multipocket mentioned earlier in the thread---I have a couple of MJ pushlock bags myself, and they are one of the most well-constructed bags I have ever owned. The style is definitely classic and very versatile.

;) :yes::tup:

i would love to get the marc jacobs, but i think her parents might be buying her a much larger more expensive MJ for x mas, and my little MJ will look pitiful next to it. haha! between the balenciaga first and the minkoff MA... which one has more staying power? which one will she use for longer? for the MA i am looking at the berry color, for the balenciaga i am looking at the black.