Help - can't get silver CDC off!

This happens to me also and it totally freaked me out, I felt very claustrophobic and had to sleep with it, I was really starting to panic but thankfully I followed Carlinha's instructions and I got it off.

Carlinha, love your new avatar, is that the Peter Pilotto for Target dress you are wearing?

thanks suzie!! yes it is! i wore it as a skirt though because i feel that the top portion is not the most flattering for my body but i LOVE the print of the bottom! i had contemplated returning it, but now am glad i kept it!

and so glad i could help when you were trapped by your CDC also... this happens to almost all of us i think!!! :lol:

thanks suzie!! yes it is! i wore it as a skirt though because i feel that the top portion is not the most flattering for my body but i LOVE the print of the bottom! i had contemplated returning it, but now am glad i kept it!

and so glad i could help when you were trapped by your CDC also... this happens to almost all of us i think!!! :lol:

It sure is cute, we weren't able to buy the collection here.

Thanks everyone for your help! I woke up 4 am and was in a panic again since my wrist hurt so much. I ended up banging it on my bathroom counter and it finally came off. Whew! Only sad thing is I scratched it so cannot return. Feel like I wasted a lot of $$ on something I can't wear. Was thinking of taking it to a jeweler to see if they can come up with a better solution to clasping it. Thanks again to all of you!!!

Thanks everyone for your help! I woke up 4 am and was in a panic again since my wrist hurt so much. I ended up banging it on my bathroom counter and it finally came off. Whew! Only sad thing is I scratched it so cannot return. Feel like I wasted a lot of $$ on something I can't wear. Was thinking of taking it to a jeweler to see if they can come up with a better solution to clasping it. Thanks again to all of you!!!
Oh dear, poor you, and poor CdC. I hope neither are seriously hurt.

If you squeeze the plain parts of the CdC together with your fingers(picture squeezing a lemon for firmness?), it should pop open easily. Give it and yourself a chance to work out...I hope that tip helps.

Did you buy it online or in the boutique? It seems you should tell someone what happened! Maybe your SA or online representative can do something?

:sad::sad::sad: why did it hurt your wrist so much?? is it too tight on you? did you get the wrong size? can you go back to the store and have them show you exactly how to get it on and off, and you can practice at the store until you feel comfortable?

i am so sorry to hear this....

Unfortunately, I purchased it at a boutique while on vacation. I do not have a boutique close by. If I did not damage it, I would try to return but feel like it was my fault. The weird thing is I tried it on twice while at the boutique and got it off without any problems. :sad:

Unfortunately, I purchased it at a boutique while on vacation. I do not have a boutique close by. If I did not damage it, I would try to return but feel like it was my fault. The weird thing is I tried it on twice while at the boutique and got it off without any problems. :sad:

Dear shopperbabs, I've been following your thread, hoping you'd be able to remove it. So glad you finally had success, but so sorry for the trauma involved! :heart: If the bracelet only has surface scratches, where you had to bang it, those can certainly be buffed out by a jeweler. Even deeper scratches could be lessened. Now that it's off, does the mechanism seem to be working properly? Sending my sympathies!

Thank you for the advice. The clasp is still very hard to unlock even when it is not on. I will not try it on again until I talk to my jeweler about what to do. Hopefully they can make it work in a way where it's not so difficult. Hoping for the best!

Hi shopperbabs, i had the same problem with my silver CDC. I just could not take it off without DH's help. Fortunately we were on vacation when i bought it and he was around to help. I went back to the store the next day and returned it.

Its a beautiful piece of jewelry but i can imagine being stuck with it for hours if DH was not around.

i just can't even imagine this, when you push it the right way, it swings open very easily, at least on mine. could you have a defective piece? have you tried opening and closing it multiple times for practice not on your wrist?

Thank you for the advice. The clasp is still very hard to unlock even when it is not on. I will not try it on again until I talk to my jeweler about what to do. Hopefully they can make it work in a way where it's not so difficult. Hoping for the best!

i just can't even imagine this, when you push it the right way, it swings open very easily, at least on mine. could you have a defective piece? have you tried opening and closing it multiple times for practice not on your wrist?

I had the same thought. I just wonder if the clasp on yours is not working properly. Is it possible for you to call the boutique where you purchased it, to ask them for help with this? At least they could walk you through how it should be functioning. Or, they might suggest you to mail it back, so that they can assess it. Good luck!