Help! Buyer issue with payment terms???

I had a buyer once who told me he would pay "in the specified time frame", which made me laugh, because I never specified one. I realized later that he was talking about ebay's time frame, and he literally waited until the last hour to pay. I thought he was just being a tool, but as long as I get my money, then he can be the biggest jerk ever.

Wendy,

I see that you decided to post this question AFTER I had paid you this morning at 10:18a. As I mentioned in my message to you that I did no have internet access at the time that the auction ended, as I was returning with my SO from an International holiday. Having had to deal with flight delays and lost luggage, my thoughts were elsewhere when I arrived home. The auction was won with a sniper bid. I told you that I was considering your other auction and would complete the checkout process then. I changed my mind and decided to just complete this transaction. Note: I was prepared to outbid the other person because I wanted the purse.

While my account may be relatively new, I have been buying and selling on eBay for many years and I have never walked away from a purchase without paying. I think that you and many here assumed that I was a PITA or deadbeat, without knowing about any of the circumstances. As for the other seller, she hastily assumed the same and left me negative feedback, and I found this out as I was preparing to pay for her auction, 10 minutes too late. She did so without pursuing the correct protocol, of sending a payment reminder or filing a NPB alert, which is not an option until after the 7th day.

I only hope that my sharing this with you and other new sellers that you will follow proper protocol and consider that your buyer is not trying to take advantage of you.

I look forward to receiving my new purse as you and I have agreed with the shipping terms.

Thanks for being a great seller,

Lenise

My Ebay auction also says within 3 days and everyday after the 3rd day l add fees for holding the item. 4th day $4, 5th day $5 and so forth.
During Christmas it helped to add ...if you pay within 24 hours, your item ships within 24 hours, and as many days it takes to pay, is how many days I have to ship..
3 days to pay..then allow me the same curtiousy of waiting 3 days for me to ship.
Its the buyers choice...a few said they won't be paid for over a week..and I tell them its ok as long as they a holding fee, which I have been told is very reasonable for holding the handbag for them...since they got such a good deal...what is 7 days late..its $7 for my inconvience of having to be off my schedule of sending it and having it sit at my front door looking at it for 7 days..with no money...
just a thought..its worked for me..and no one has complained and has paid willingly when they decided to be late.
Jonna
new*legacy*boutique