HELP! Bought a fake Chanel from Ebay 7000+ positive seller!

littlerock said:
** I've removed the authentication notes from the original post. OP, you did nothing wrong by posting that info but we need to protect our authentication tips as best we can. As it is the fakers have enough info, we don't want to give them any more. Hope you understand. :flowers:

What a nightmare situation. I hope this gets resolved quickly for you.

I will update the news, PayPal not contact me yet.

lalachka said:
with everything i read here, they don't take that into consideration. even in cases when it's an honest seller with hundreds of 100% feedback, processing over 100K a year in PayPal and a buyer with 0 feedback they have ruled for the buyer.

so that's one thing that you probably don't have to worry about

I think so. Keeping the faith!

I too find it hard to believe that that WOC would end up at last call- not that it would be impossible....
I know that some NM stores actually take photo ID's of out of state buyers, so I would definitely contact NM- I am sure they would be very interested to know if someone is making copies of their receipts. Good luck OP

Originally Posted by Apricot Summers I love toolhaus - the Ebay system is designed to hide when a seller has had problems in the past. This one has.

Note 6 feedback were also revised, in addition to what you see here.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

First saw these feedback! The seller shows 100%feedback in eBay!
The feedback score only shows the most recent 12-month period so if a seller didn't have any feedback dings in the last year, it'll show as 100% whereas toolhaus shows everything. That's why toolhaus is such a helpful tool.

I love toolhaus - the Ebay system is designed to hide when a seller has had problems in the past. This one has.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=designerdesigns2000&Dirn=Received+by

Toolhaus is great in that it allows people to see the negs in one place rather than having to scroll through 331 pages of feedbacks to find them. But you still have to put that into perspective. With 11 years on ebay and 36 negs, neuts, withdrawns on a base of over 7000 feedbacks this seller does not appear to have a notable record of past problems. Over the past 12 months he is 100%. Over the past 11 years he would be over 99%.

I'm not saying the WOC isn't fake but there is nothing in this seller's feedback that would overly concern me.

northerndancer said:
Toolhaus is great in that it allows people to see the negs in one place rather than having to scroll through 331 pages of feedbacks to find them. But you still have to put that into perspective. With 11 years on ebay and 36 negs, neuts, withdrawns on a base of over 7000 feedbacks this seller does not appear to have a notable record of past problems. Over the past 12 months he is 100%. Over the past 11 years he would be over 99%.

I'm not saying the WOC isn't fake but there is nothing in this seller's feedback that would overly concern me.

yes, I didn't authentic this before I bid it because the seller's 11 years and 7000+ feedback! But the point is the bag is totally fake. The serial number is all over the fake bag website. The PayPal will let the seller win because the reputation?

babyontheway said:
I too find it hard to believe that that WOC would end up at last call- not that it would be impossible....
I know that some NM stores actually take photo ID's of out of state buyers, so I would definitely contact NM- I am sure they would be very interested to know if someone is making copies of their receipts. Good luck OP

I already send a email to NM and waiting their respond. Thank u

PekeLuva said:
The hologram sticker on the WOC looks a little off. The one on mine is kinda "glittery", this one looks like it's clear plastic...
OP I really hope you will get your money back!

The authenticator said:
The sticker on this bag clearly proves it is a counterfeit. In addition to the observations I've already stated in an earlier email, here are my observations regarding the hologram sticker of your counterfeit bag.

Hi there,

Just speak to the NM customer service manager, I told him the story, he ask me all the details including the receipt number and bag serial number and done some research. I call him back 1 hour after, he told me just the seller can ask them for the detail not the third party. He can't give me any information.

Now I just waiting the PayPal's update.

I would call the sales rep back at NM and ask him for the number for the security department at NM. Then direct them to this seller's auctions (all of them) with the NM tags.

You can also ask for the SA's supervisor at NM - tell them that seller is using a receipt from NM and the bag has been CONFIRMED fake. Is NM saying that they sold a fake??? Or that it is their receipt?

I think the fact that ALL of the seller's items have disappeared and there is nothing in their store will be a good indicator for you to get your money back.

My guess is the seller monitors TPF.

Originally Posted by Apricot Summers I love toolhaus - the Ebay system is designed to hide when a seller has had problems in the past. This one has.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

The feedback score only shows the most recent 12-month period so if a seller didn't have any feedback dings in the last year, it'll show as 100% whereas toolhaus shows everything. That's why toolhaus is such a helpful tool.
Thanks for toolhaus. Now I know where to check.

There must be something wrong with the seller when they pulled all of their listings.