help, another e-bayer stole my entire b-bag auction

tokyogirl said:
Good to hear that correction action was taken! Puts a little faith back into Ebay..

I think eBay does try to monitor, but I imagine it must be pretty hard! There are sooo many fakes of all the big designer bags, and even when I browse through jewelry since I love Tiffany's, it's crazy there too!! It would be a full time job for a small city to track all the fake eBay auctions.

AAA - I'm glad that they were able to shut the auction down on time!

I'm late to jump on the bandwagon here, sorry your pics got stolen, but glad that their auction was pulled! I am very new to eBay selling and have crudely written my name on my pics, with a blurb in the description saying that if the name on the pics doesn't match the eBay user ID, it's a fake!

Can anyone tell me how to watermark pics?? I have Photoshop Elements and I can't find it in there. What program do you use to watermark the pics?

I wish you well,

Bridget

Oh, I missed that! The auction stealing is totally out of control and SO blatant! I didn't see yours but I notified a seller that her gorgeous eggplant First auction was stolen. One out of like 100 that were listed yesterday! And they do 24 hour auctions so there's no time to report. :rant:

Ooooh I did it : ) Thank you so much!! Wouldn't you know, I listed my first two items early this morning - it looks like a kid with a huge crayon wrote on my pictures because I used the pencil tool and just wrote using the mouse : ) How refined!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Bridget S. said:
Ooooh I did it : ) Thank you so much!! Wouldn't you know, I listed my first two items early this morning - it looks like a kid with a huge crayon wrote on my pictures because I used the pencil tool and just wrote using the mouse : ) How refined!

bridget, your welcome! :flowers:

This whole ebay madness...is just scary.It's even weirder the fact that some of the pictures are actually watermarked but they still use the pictures...i'll never understand that.

Anyways I'm sorry that your pictures were taken...definitely report them to ebay and hopefully their auction will get shut down.I don't think there's much we can do besides take precautions like watermarking the pictures and stating on the auctions that "these pictures belong to me and if the watermark does not match the ebay user than these pictures were stolen"...or something along those lines.

sorry to hear this happened to you! :sad:
i think anytime you post your pictures online, you absolutely must watermark them for your protection. last time i sold something on ebay, i went nuts with the watermarking.... sometimes i think it's so distracting for the buyer to see, but then you'd hate to have your auction pix stolen too.