HELP....Am I Being "Played"

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERY time someone posts here about a transaction that they took off whatever site it was listed on, something goes wrong. One party or the other gets screwed and then the buyer or seller comes here looking for support.

I'm not condoning it but lots of transactions get taken off eBay and end up just fine. We only hear about the problem ones here.

Reactions: Saich2
Different people have different gauges as to what they consider dishonest. Suppose eBay made a bad decision that cost you £50? Would it be ok to take a transaction off eBay to get the £50 back? Some might think so, some might not. I recall a thread where the poster was adamant that it was dishonest to take a transaction off eBay but perfectly ok to avoid PayPal fees by asking for F&F rather than invoice for a sale.

For your information xiangxiang0731 I wanted to buy on ebay but the seller wanted to do it of ebay to save herself some money...and maybe £50 might not be a lot to you but it is to me....you don't know me at all. I have been on here for years and never had such nasty comments or felt like I have been totally "gang" up on and bullied....I ask a simple question that was all......I am NOT buying the item now.......and to call people names and dishonest how dare you you don't know me at all and my feedback speaks for itself................If I knew how to delete this thread I would as have to say some of you are just awful and seems to love attacking people for asking a simple question. I DONT WANT TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD GO AND ATTACK SOMEONE ELSE

No one is ganging up on you. I understand that, because you did not see a problem with it, that you might consider the criticism as being rude. It isn't. It is simply advising you that the seller is asking you to do something wrong.
I am glad you are reconsidering the sale. Hopefully, you will find the necklace elsewhere.

Just remember that when a seller is willing to cheat EBay out of its earned fees, they may be just as willing to cheat you. It is a stranger, after all. One, that you do not know their ethics, practices or morals.

carlpsmon what I consider rude is being called all sorts by people I have now block and also being told I am dishonest.
I never wanted to buy of Ebay ....as said this was the Seller doing she selling for her mother, so she says.
I AM NOT BUYING THE NECKLACE NOW.....and would appreciate No further comments on this thread if I could delete it I would.
In all my years on Purseforum never been so upset by the rudeness of some people on here and feel totally attack so as said before Go and attack someone else. MY Feedback speaks for its self I also have over 1,300 100% feedback on Ebay all positive as I am an honest person...this was not my idea at all........NOW PLEASE GO AND WRITE ON SOMEONE ELSES THREAD ALL PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE ADMINSTRATORS

For your information xiangxiang0731 I wanted to buy on ebay but the seller wanted to do it of ebay to save herself some money...and maybe £50 might not be a lot to you but it is to me....you don't know me at all. I have been on here for years and never had such nasty comments or felt like I have been totally "gang" up on and bullied....I ask a simple question that was all......I am NOT buying the item now.......and to call people names and dishonest how dare you you don't know me at all and my feedback speaks for itself................If I knew how to delete this thread I would as have to say some of you are just awful and seems to love attacking people for asking a simple question. I DONT WANT TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD GO AND ATTACK SOMEONE ELSE
I know you're upset, Saich2, but that's the chance you take when you post something and ask for advice. I rarely buy/never sell on eBay so I have no skin in this game. Having followed @BeenBurned, for years, on this forum, I can assure you that she was not trying to be rude just stating a fact. While not all OFF eBay transactions go south...you always take that extra chance.
I think that was BB's point. Whether I like it or not I appreciate people taking the time to give me advice. Who knows...you may have dodged a bullet with this seller and lost all your money :flowers:

At this moment, tPF has 543,834 members, 5,448 of whom are online. And this doesn't take into account those who aren't logged in but are lurking offline but may chime in should they see a topic of interest to them.

So when you post here, you will reach over 1/2 million registered members with over 1/2 million points of view, over 1/2 million different cultures, over 1/2 million opinions!

Presumably, people don't post here when they're looking for agreement; you can look in the mirror for that.

They come here looking for OBJECTIVE and FACTUAL answers to their questions. And that's what you got. That you don't like it doesn't surprise me (because most responses didn't agree with what you and the seller did) but there was no rudeness and no bullying.

And in fact, ebay has been banning both buyers and sellers for going "off site" to conduct transactions. (Visit the ebay discussion boards (on ebay) to read about this happening.)

Last edited:
95% of you are total Bullies and glad I have reported all of you....you must have nothing better to do then gang up on a 63 years old.......I hope your parents are very proud of you. You can stop writing your nasty comments as cannot now see them so while I see BeeBurned likes this comment who the rudest of most of you and I am sure your comment what ever it is xiangaiang0731 is as bad.........enjoy tormenting people
WOW...JUST WOW! Yes...all caps!
I'm older than you are so don't use the age card with me! :annoyed:

I'm not condoning it but lots of transactions get taken off eBay and end up just fine. We only hear about the problem ones here.

A lot of people jump off bridges and end up just fine.
A lot of people text while driving and end up just fine.
A lot of people don’t cross a busy street at a crosswalk and end up just fine.
Most people recommend not doing any of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.