Tech help! a second screen appeared in the upper right corner of my TV screen

marfi

Nov 26, 2008
and it seems to play what is currently on Fox as I try to watch 24 on my DVR. it is driving me CRAZY. I have been pressing buttons on my remotes but can't figure out what made this happen. I can only assume that my cat stepped on my remote while I was out. advice desperately needed!

my tv box says i have picture in picture but i can't figure out how to get it to work! i'll have to check my remote to see if i have a pip button. god forbid that the manuals that come with these things actually have some useful information.

nope I have a Sony.

and how's this for frustration. when i got mine, i *knew* of hdmi cables but wasn't aware that they were needed. the salesman made no mention of "oh hey you might want an hdmi cable, let me sell you one" so i got home and hooked up my tv to my cable box and i was like "THIS is hdtv?? this looks like crap!" so then i'm going through the manual and it mentions hdmi cable about a million times. so i figure i should go buy one. i go out and buy one. hook it up. CAN NOT figure out how to get my cable to work! complete static. says absolutely nothing in the manual. i had to google it to figure out that i need to hit the 'input' button and select the hdmi port on screen. Thanks Sony!