Tech help! a second screen appeared in the upper right corner of my TV screen

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. and it seems to play what is currently on Fox as I try to watch 24 on my DVR. it is driving me CRAZY. I have been pressing buttons on my remotes but can't figure out what made this happen. I can only assume that my cat stepped on my remote while I was out. advice desperately needed!

2. It sounds like you hit your picture-in-picture (PIP) button by accident. Check to see if your remote have a PIP button.

3. it worked. thanks - I feel like an idiot

4. LOL! PIP attacks again!!

5. LOL!! Don't worry, I discovered this key a few weeks ago, thank God my BF was nearby, but despite that fact I still screamed and freaked out.

:nuts:

6. Glad it worked. I only know about PIP b/c my dad is in love with PIP. I don't use it myself.

7. my tv box says i have picture in picture but i can't figure out how to get it to work! i'll have to check my remote to see if i have a pip button. god forbid that the manuals that come with these things actually have some useful information.

8. I second you about the manual .. have you got a LG tv?

9. nope I have a Sony.

and how's this for frustration. when i got mine, i *knew* of hdmi cables but wasn't aware that they were needed. the salesman made no mention of "oh hey you might want an hdmi cable, let me sell you one" so i got home and hooked up my tv to my cable box and i was like "THIS is hdtv?? this looks like crap!" so then i'm going through the manual and it mentions hdmi cable about a million times. so i figure i should go buy one. i go out and buy one. hook it up. CAN NOT figure out how to get my cable to work! complete static. says absolutely nothing in the manual. i had to google it to figure out that i need to hit the 'input' button and select the hdmi port on screen. Thanks Sony!