Help a clueless husband navigate getting a Birkin!

NH...that Birkin will hit ya when you least expect it! Don't give up... your procurement just makes it more exciting and memorable!

Couldn't agree more plus she has a fabulous Hermes wallet to enjoy in the meantime!

You know something that is far more special than any Birkin? That you went to such great lengths to get one for your wife, and THAT is going to be such a precious gift to her when she finds out all the love and time you put into trying to get this bag for her.

Once you do get a Birkin, and you will, you will both treasure and appreciate this bag all the more because of what it represents....the love and hard work you put into making your wife happy.

That will make your Birkin priceless.

Hugs to you, I know how much you wanted a Birkin for the actual day but I have a feeling it won't be that much longer until one comes your way....And I know your wife will be ecstatic with the wallet and knowing she will get a Birkin, I know if my Hubby said I could get one I would be over the moon just as much as having the bag on my arm!

Just laying eyes on one of those signature orange boxes is enough to make a woman swoon! I'm sure she will be very pleased with the wallet - you said she needed one - so it will be nice to get a 'practical', albeit, gorgeous gift and then the promise a completely luxurious indulgent one on top of that!

I think you should definitely take her into the store (even though you're probably sick to death of H by now!!!) Perhaps she will see something else that takes her fancy - I am a true believer in fashion fate - if something doesn't work out then there's probably a reason for it, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be!

I really hope she has/had (not sure with the time differences) a truly memorable 40th, and that you, yourself got a chance to celebrate and relax after all your hard work - you certainly deserve it! :Partyhat::woohoo::tup:

So disappointed for you, nicehubby, that it didn't work out in time. Being philosophical about these things, I'm sure there's a good reason for it that will become evident down the line. Your efforts to please your wife are beyond admirable. What wallet did you get for her? I guess by now you've given her the gift and the story. What was her response?

I'm gutted that nicehubby didn't manage to procure the grail bag as the magical happy ending to his quest, but am thankful that he shared the journey with us, and will still have a coveted orange box to give to his wife. There's also that French Laundry dinner... :biggrin:

Happy Birthday, Liz, I hope you realize how special a spouse you've got there. And good luck with the continuing saga. I, for one, hope we read more of this story. :flowers:

So disappointed for you, nicehubby, that it didn't work out in time. Being philosophical about these things, I'm sure there's a good reason for it that will become evident down the line. Your efforts to please your wife are beyond admirable. What wallet did you get for her? I guess by now you've given her the gift and the story. What was her response?

Ditto:?::?::?: