Heloise Strap Lengths

I got my Heli this year but as it came in the old style dustbag and without an authentication bag, I'm assuming it was AW07 stock. Sounds like your Heli is a very different style Miss E, so may well be completely different again. quote]

Tag -- you probably know this already, but just in case, you can tell the year based on the serial tag on this inside pocket :tup::heart: It will have an 07 or 08 in the number. Not sure why the authentication card would be missing. All years should come with one, but sometimes they just get misplaced? Unless you are referring to the new 'hologram' card...that is new in '08.

I got my Heli this year but as it came in the old style dustbag and without an authentication bag, I'm assuming it was AW07 stock. Sounds like your Heli is a very different style Miss E, so may well be completely different again. quote]

Tag -- you probably know this already, but just in case, you can tell the year based on the serial tag on this inside pocket :tup::heart: It will have an 07 or 08 in the number. Not sure why the authentication card would be missing. All years should come with one, but sometimes they just get misplaced? Unless you are referring to the new 'hologram' card...that is new in '08.

Hmmm :thinking:the plot thickens.... the only Chloes I've ever had an authentification card for are my Pigalle Bay and Prune Heli ( the cards with the hologram on them). Both of these bags came with the new linen type dustbag. All my other Chloes came with the duster type bag, round swing tag and care card...but definitely no authentification card. What sort of authentification cards have you had in the past Jen ? I know all my past Chloes have been 100% authentic because they were all purchased personally from authorised dealers. Maybe the authentification cards you're talking about were just produced for the US market :confused1: ...I'd be keen to hear more about this though... all very confusing.

Even more confusing :wacko: is what you've said about the O7 or 08 dates being on the serial tag inside the pockets. My Black Heli has an 07 on the serial tag but my Prune Heli just has '7AS799-50' on one side and another set of numbers starting with a 'C' on the hologram side, but no sign of 07 or 08. Should I be worrried about this :hrmm: or is this perhaps the way all the 08 bag serial numbers with the new hologram cards are produced ?

My Prune Heli came from Sacoche as you know and I'd like to think all their bags are authentic, but I'd love to hear from Ilson, Acshih,Lionlaw and any other Prune Heli owners about what the serial tags say on your bags :sos:

My black heli is from '07 -- I just measured and the strap is 8" from the top zipper to the top of the handle. Scientific comparison -- that's brilliant! I wonder if I could justify an '08 heli sister in the name of "scientific comparison" :shrugs:

We definitely deserve those silver and gold Helis... :tup::heart:

Aha :idea:, so my suspicions were right about the Black 07 Helis having longer straps. Thanks for coroborrating that with further scientific research J. You too should now be sent a free Heli of your choice from Chloe :tup:.

Have just put a question out to other Heli owners about the authentification card and serial number subject you mentioned J. I'm keen to know more about this ( mainly because I'm so paranoid about fakes :sneaky:)...and apologies, because I think I've been misspelling your username :s. For some reason I keep adding an extra 'i', as in Jacicio, instead of Jacico :Push:. What prompted the change of username anyway ? Do tell .

Hmmm :thinking:the plot thickens.... the only Chloes I've ever had an authentification card for are my Pigalle Bay and Prune Heli ( the cards with the hologram on them). Both of these bags came with the new linen type dustbag. All my other Chloes came with the duster type bag, round swing tag and care card...but definitely no authentification card. What sort of authentification cards have you had in the past Jen ? I know all my past Chloes have been 100% authentic because they were all purchased personally from authorised dealers. Maybe the authentification cards you're talking about were just produced for the US market :confused1: ...I'd be keen to hear more about this though... all very confusing.

Even more confusing :wacko: is what you've said about the O7 or 08 dates being on the serial tag inside the pockets. My Black Heli has an 07 on the serial tag but my Prune Heli just has '7AS799-50' on one side and another set of numbers starting with a 'C' on the hologram side, but no sign of 07 or 08. Should I be worrried about this :hrmm: or is this perhaps the way all the 08 bag serial numbers with the new hologram cards are produced ?

My Prune Heli came from Sacoche as you know and I'd like to think all their bags are authentic, but I'd love to hear from Ilson, Acshih,Lionlaw and any other Prune Heli owners about what the serial tags say on your bags :sos:

The 08 appears on the white round Chloe hang tag. My tag has 08E right before the number 7AS799-7A733. The 08 does not appear inside the bag just the style number like yours.

Hmmm :thinking:the plot thickens.... the only Chloes I've ever had an authentification card for are my Pigalle Bay and Prune Heli ( the cards with the hologram on them).

Ugghhhh...just goes to show I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry becuase I end up looking crazy :nuts: Okay, firstly, please don't worry about the authenticity of your bags, tag. There's no reason for that :okay: What I meant about the serial number applied to 'pre-08' bags. So, if there was an 07 on the inside tag, your Black Heli is from 07. You are correct, the '08 serial format is completely different than past years. But, like lionlaw said, you can verify year on the hangtag for 08 bags. As for the authenticity cards -- I was referring to the hangtag & care cards. I do not know of any "authenticity cards" aside from the new hologram cards. I am so sorry for confusing things :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: More later...DH is ready for dinner...:girlsigh:

so I was at Nordstroms this afternoon and checked out the Prune and Gazelle Heloise bags -- here's what I learned:

1. The strap length of the Prune was slightly shorter than the Gazelle, but as my SA pointed out -- the braided portion of the Gazelle was more stretched than the Prune. You could actually see tiny spaces in between the braids -- She said she would imagine that the Plum would also stretch somewhat once you started loading the bag up and carrying it. She actually had a customer who brought one back because the straps had stretched. She was afraid that there was something wrong with the bag, when it seems that the braids are meant to stretch over time. I actually stretched them (the Prune) a little bit while I was looking at it, and noticed that they changed the length of the hang. So I'm guessing that maybe the straps on the black might be a little softer and stretched out than the Prune --

2. The leather on the Prune was definitely different than the Gazelle. The Gazelle was extremely soft and mushy everywhere. The Prune has a gloss-like finish and I think this is what makes the leather a little stiffer. The Gazelle had a flatter - or a matte-like finish (not shiny at all). That's not to say that the Prune isn't soft, just not as soft & mushy as the Gazelle --

3. The shapes of the bag were definitely different, but again I think this is due to the difference in the leather -- when looking closely, you can see that the bags are shaped exactly the same, but because the leather on the Gazelle is so much softer, it has a different look. The bottom of the bag is flatter and the sides angled more because the bottom spreads out more (becuz the leather's so soft). The Prune is more rounded on the bottom and the sides don't angle as much becuz the bottom of the bag is stiffer and doesn't spread as wide.

4. Looking inside, both bags had ID tags (or credit card-like cards) similar to the ones that come with Chanel bags. This must be something new Chloe is doing.

Bases on all of this, I guess the answer is sorta yes & no -- when the bags are newer the length of the straps are definitely different, but perhaps over time, the length of the Prune will get a little bit longer due to stretching.

The 08 appears on the white round Chloe hang tag. My tag has 08E right before the number 7AS799-7A733. The 08 does not appear inside the bag just the style number like yours.

:flowers:Thanks for putting my mind at rest Lionlaw..I think it was just a misunderstanding with Jacico, but I suddenly got all :wtf: paranoid about the authenticity of my bags past and present ( ridiculous really because none of them have been purchased anywhere shadey :shame:smile:.

Ugghhhh...just goes to show I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry becuase I end up looking crazy :nuts: Okay, firstly, please don't worry about the authenticity of your bags, tag. There's no reason for that :okay: What I meant about the serial number applied to 'pre-08' bags. So, if there was an 07 on the inside tag, your Black Heli is from 07. You are correct, the '08 serial format is completely different than past years. But, like lionlaw said, you can verify year on the hangtag for 08 bags. As for the authenticity cards -- I was referring to the hangtag & care cards. I do not know of any "authenticity cards" aside from the new hologram cards. I am so sorry for confusing things :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: More later...DH is ready for dinner...:girlsigh:

No probs J ...just a complete misunderstanding that fuelled my nutty paranoia :nuts: !!!

so I was at Nordstroms this afternoon and checked out the Prune and Gazelle Heloise bags -- here's what I learned:

1. The strap length of the Prune was slightly shorter than the Gazelle, but as my SA pointed out -- the braided portion of the Gazelle was more stretched than the Prune. You could actually see tiny spaces in between the braids -- She said she would imagine that the Plum would also stretch somewhat once you started loading the bag up and carrying it. She actually had a customer who brought one back because the straps had stretched. She was afraid that there was something wrong with the bag, when it seems that the braids are meant to stretch over time. I actually stretched them (the Prune) a little bit while I was looking at it, and noticed that they changed the length of the hang. So I'm guessing that maybe the straps on the black might be a little softer and stretched out than the Prune --

2. The leather on the Prune was definitely different than the Gazelle. The Gazelle was extremely soft and mushy everywhere. The Prune has a gloss-like finish and I think this is what makes the leather a little stiffer. The Gazelle had a flatter - or a matte-like finish (not shiny at all). That's not to say that the Prune isn't soft, just not as soft & mushy as the Gazelle --

3. The shapes of the bag were definitely different, but again I think this is due to the difference in the leather -- when looking closely, you can see that the bags are shaped exactly the same, but because the leather on the Gazelle is so much softer, it has a different look. The bottom of the bag is flatter and the sides angled more because the bottom spreads out more (becuz the leather's so soft). The Prune is more rounded on the bottom and the sides don't angle as much becuz the bottom of the bag is stiffer and doesn't spread as wide.

4. Looking inside, both bags had ID tags (or credit card-like cards) similar to the ones that come with Chanel bags. This must be something new Chloe is doing.

Bases on all of this, I guess the answer is sorta yes & no -- when the bags are newer the length of the straps are definitely different, but perhaps over time, the length of the Prune will get a little bit longer due to stretching.

:tup: Excellent detective work ILMB...thank you for clearing that one up :flowers:.