Hello from new poster to this forum!

Lordy, I wish I wasn't fussed about it! I do love red - and I like plainer bags (hate logos) so maybe that explains some of my obsession.

She said they will not be making red again for fall '08, at least as far as she knows. The two colors she said Mabel will be in for fall are a marine blue (OMG! that would be fabulous) and fuchsia! Also, she said the Bayswater for fall '08 will be in tangerine and magenta. *Marks calendar to cut up credit cards on August 1st*

Hello and welcome goldenflower :yes::smile: Congratulations on the mabel, it is a lovely bag - you must let us know when you get it and post some pics :tup:

The marine blue mabel sounds fabulous - wow that will be something to look forward to! Will that be the same colour as the milton messenger, does anyone know? :idea:

Kerrilyn, where did you spot the red mabel? I know sarajane is after one :tup:

The hardest bit was then trying to put on boots without the zip pinging open again! I used to pay my little sister to put mine on for me!!!

:roflmfao: brilliant. I can imagine Kroquet's boots but did you have pink or white slouchy canvass boots? Oh and knee length boots with the laces up the back that were worn with leg warmers to keep their shape :roflmfao:

Definitely had the canvas boots! Mine were white (god what a memory!) I didn't have the lace up boots but boy, oh boy, did I have leg warmers. The most humiliating thing is I used to knit them myself! :roflmfao::roflmfao:

Well 'Ello Flower (sorry Brit humour) :welcome: and welcome to the mad house. Totally off topice but just thought I think we need a smilie in a straight jacket.

I think you're right about the black bays being a total classic, I do think you need to take it out for a spin though. Doesn't even need to be anywhere special, just throw on some jeans and go for a coffee staring at yourself whenever you walk past shop windows to see how fab you look. :P

'Ello riffraff! :lol: I love Brit humor. And yes, you're right - that poor lonely Bayswater needs to go out and about at least once before I bring out my spring/summer bags. I love the Bayswater - it reminds me of a Birkin but better, IMO. And easier to get into. And less expensive (thank God!)

Flower - way to go!!! From the dimensions, I think the bag will be perfect size.

Aren't you just too excited??? The SA's in the stores are so nice and helpful. Good luck and Congrats!!!! BTW - marine blue sounds really nice

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks! I have other bags that are similar size and they're perfect for me. I'm 6' tall so I need a fairly big bag. I am very excited! :yahoo: Now, keep your fingers crossed that it arrives when my DH isn't home! It's not that he would mind (though I think my bag & shoe & perfume obsession perplexes him a bit) but since I'm not going to actually use it till fall, I feel there is just no need for full disclosure at this time. Hee hee! :nuts:

Am I crazy, or has your ban lifted since earlier today? If so, hip hip hooray! I hope that Roxy is on your doorstep soon. ;)

Hi Goldenflower - welcome to the Mulberry girls' gang - I love the fact you think we're all like Bridget Jones here - actually sums up our humour spot on I would say.
I am so envious of your red Mabel, I am searching for a medium one right now.

Hi Sarajane - Thank you for the welcome! Yes, Bridget Jones and also Becky from the Shopaholic series. You all are so fun to "listen" to!

I saw your posts about looking for a med. red Mabel and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you'll be able to get one at the outlets at a good price. :yes: I wish we had Mulberry outlets here.

Hello and welcome goldenflower :yes::smile: Congratulations on the mabel, it is a lovely bag - you must let us know when you get it and post some pics :tup:

Thank you for the welcome! :yes: I love your user name ... though I was always terrible with the hula hoop (too uncoordinated!) I have to learn what to do to post pics ... is there a tutorial somewhere? I'm excited to get it and hope I like it as much as I think I will.

Goldenflower - see how we always go off topic??? You wil get used to that as, it's our endearing quality!!:P:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

OMG, I have been laughing at everyone's posts! Too scarily familiar, especially the lying down on the bed to zip up the jeans. All that suffering in the name of fashion - if one can call that era fashion!

Sarajane, you poor dear! I can't believe knitted your own legwarmers. Thank god those went out of style, along with leggings and oversized tunics. Oh, and the HUGE permed hair , too! Lordy! :nuts: