HEEELP!!! About the price of Céline Mini luggage lipstick.

labbarbie

Dec 6, 2011
Hello everyone, I paid £1950 for my first Céline Mini luggage at Harvey Nichols a couple of days ago. It is smooth calfskin in lipstick. When I came back, I noticed the price normally should be arround £1300. I called the Harvey Nichols, and I was told it is £1950 because its inside is sheep skin. I checked the grained Mini luggage in black with them, it is £1300. Does anyone know something about this? Is that possible just because of the different coulor and different interior cost me £650 more? I am thinking of whether should I return it, please give me some advice.TIA:P:P:P

Attachments

• DSC_1386.JPG
    DSC_1386.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 17,814
  • DSC_14222.jpg
    DSC_14222.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12,725
  • DSC_14232.jpg
    DSC_14232.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 11,453
Oh this must be the new "palmellato" leather that is processed by hand! It might be the reason for the price difference. US price for the regular mini is $2000 and this one costs $3200 i think. Love the leather and color!!

Hi there, I think you have been charge correctly for the bag if it is made of the new leather. Another pfrmer HeathJo posted the following information with regards to this leather which would be helpful for you

"OK I called Celine and talked with Claudia, the manager over there. She told me that the only smooth Minis that SHOULD cost $3200 are ones made out of a slightly shinier leather called "Palmellato." This is made by hand, a special process of tanning and graining., which is why it costs more.

This version of the Mini only exists in Red and Black at the moment, but not all smooth Red and Black Minis are made out of this. The difference is the sheen--apparently it has a bit of shine to it, but is not shiny like patent leather. I asked if it was similar to the Fall Tricolor bags' leather, and she said no.

I asked her if they were the new Resort Black and red, and she again said no, they were just a different version of the bag in a different leather. They sold out of them quickly as they only received a few.

SOOO, it seams that Barney's is either confused, or just confusING. All Smooth Minis should therefore NOT cost $2,000, just the Red and Black ones (for now) and only those made from "Palmellato."

Hope that sorta makes sense (it hardly does to me, but I tried!) I will create a separate thread with some info about this type of leather-making.
"

I haven't come across these bags before in the UK as they were only launched this season so I'm not sure why they warrant the higher price tag, but I did buy a regular smooth leather mini with a leather interior a year ago from matches and the price then was £1150. I hope this helps. :smile:

Oh this must be the new "palmellato" leather that is processed by hand! It might be the reason for the price difference. US price for the regular mini is $2000 and this one costs $3200 i think. Love the leather and color!!

Hi there, I think you have been charge correctly for the bag if it is made of the new leather. Another pfrmer HeathJo posted the following information with regards to this leather which would be helpful for you

"OK I called Celine and talked with Claudia, the manager over there. She told me that the only smooth Minis that SHOULD cost $3200 are ones made out of a slightly shinier leather called "Palmellato." This is made by hand, a special process of tanning and graining., which is why it costs more.

This version of the Mini only exists in Red and Black at the moment, but not all smooth Red and Black Minis are made out of this. The difference is the sheen--apparently it has a bit of shine to it, but is not shiny like patent leather. I asked if it was similar to the Fall Tricolor bags' leather, and she said no.

I asked her if they were the new Resort Black and red, and she again said no, they were just a different version of the bag in a different leather. They sold out of them quickly as they only received a few.

SOOO, it seams that Barney's is either confused, or just confusING. All Smooth Minis should therefore NOT cost $2,000, just the Red and Black ones (for now) and only those made from "Palmellato."

Hope that sorta makes sense (it hardly does to me, but I tried!) I will create a separate thread with some info about this type of leather-making.
"

I haven't come across these bags before in the UK as they were only launched this season so I'm not sure why they warrant the higher price tag, but I did buy a regular smooth leather mini with a leather interior a year ago from matches and the price then was £1150. I hope this helps. :smile:

Thanks so much. The information provided is very helpful.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

for what it's worth, i think this bag looks like it costs £1950 and probably feels a lot more! enjoy it. i have rather bad memory but i did recall my SA telling me that this new leather is similar to the one used for the classic box bags. i don't know if i am hearing things as this was what was shared to me when i was ordering the luggage medium for resort 2012.

anyways, enjoy and wear it in good health! i hope you can take a good macro shot of the grain of the leather etc. it really is a stunning classic! the colour is almost regal.

Hello everyone, I paid £1950 for my first Céline Mini luggage at Harvey Nichols a couple of days ago. It is smooth calfskin in lipstick. When I came back, I noticed the price normally should be arround £1300. I called the Harvey Nichols, and I was told it is £1950 because its inside is sheep skin. I checked the grained Mini luggage in black with them, it is £1300. Does anyone know something about this? Is that possible just because of the different coulor and different interior cost me £650 more? I am thinking of whether should I return it, please give me some advice.TIA:P:P:P

It's stunning! Can I ask which Harvey Nichs you got it from? I've been searching for Celine but finding it hard up north :smile:

I think whether you keep it depends on whether or not you have fallen in love with THIS bag or if you got it because it was the only one available. IMO, that's a lot of money to spend on a bag, and if you'd be just as happy with a smooth leather or grainy luggage, then I think I'd return it and try to get one of the ones that are priced lower. Perhaps its the pics, but I don't notice that much of a difference between this bag and other smooth leather luggage bags I've seen in pics. I think the smooth leather is already luxurious enough, I wouldn't pay $1200 more for "better" leather (or to have my bag made by hand) (and to be honest, I prefer the smooth leather used on the luggage bags over the easily scratched and scuffed leather on the classic box, so if the leather IS the same, I definitely wouldn't pay $1200 more for it)

keep it!! :nuts:

soo GORGEOUS!! I love the black lines.
i've never carried a mini luggage, but i'm assuming yours must be heavier than others since the inside is lined with leather too?!!

I think whether you keep it depends on whether or not you have fallen in love with THIS bag or if you got it because it was the only one available. IMO, that's a lot of money to spend on a bag, and if you'd be just as happy with a smooth leather or grainy luggage, then I think I'd return it and try to get one of the ones that are priced lower. Perhaps its the pics, but I don't notice that much of a difference between this bag and other smooth leather luggage bags I've seen in pics. I think the smooth leather is already luxurious enough, I wouldn't pay $1200 more for "better" leather (or to have my bag made by hand) (and to be honest, I prefer the smooth leather used on the luggage bags over the easily scratched and scuffed leather on the classic box, so if the leather IS the same, I definitely wouldn't pay $1200 more for it)

Exactly!

Hi! Im new here craving for a Celine!
Do anyone know the latest price of Celine Mini luggage at London or Paris? Does the normal one can stay in good shape after long used? N the normal mini luggage is in what leather?
And which leather is better to avoid sagging? I want my bag look firm.