Hedi Slimane Has To GO....

Surely im not the only one that remembers the influx of ysl logo printed tees, the move towards many designs of sneakers etc. lots of brands are making their clothes more street ready as that is where they are worn. And theres a huge misconception that its 40+ people buying designer brands, kids these days have more money than they have ever had and they spend it! Kids have more louboutins than their parents, those who think modern day luxury is mainly with the 40+ crowd are sadly misinformed

My observation was more in reference to the rtw runway designs not the entire brand as a whole.

The first RTW collection wasn't bad but this whole grunge thing, overpriced hot topic looking garbage he sent out for fall is completely absurd, so disrespectful. As far as the bags, they have grown on me.

You could go to coachella and you can find pwople wearing stuff similar to this. But why will you want to wear luxury stuff to get it all nasty? I mean, I love the juxtaposition of high and low but a luxe item being looked upon as a high street item would be just sad.. and prices have gone up... a basic chiffon pussybow blouse that can sell at topshop for 30 bucks sells for like, $500 in SL.

And when people see me wearing my YSL accessories, I stress that it iS YSL and not SLP. Somehow, in my mind, it makes it a whole lot better, classier, and a bit more luxe.

You could go to coachella and you can find pwople wearing stuff similar to this. But why will you want to wear luxury stuff to get it all nasty? I mean, I love the juxtaposition of high and low but a luxe item being looked upon as a high street item would be just sad.. and prices have gone up... a basic chiffon pussybow blouse that can sell at topshop for 30 bucks sells for like, $500 in SL.

And when people see me wearing my YSL accessories, I stress that it iS YSL and not SLP. Somehow, in my mind, it makes it a whole lot better, classier, and a bit more luxe.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Specifically this grunge collection that's coming to stores this fall, utter nonsense. A few things in Hedi's favor though, he cuts a mean jacket so I get it, Yves is known for the Le Smoking and Hedi is updating it with his skinny rocker thing. I loved what Pilati and his team did with YSL's handbags and accessories, very classy and classic. I am a fan of what Hedi and his team are doing with handbags though, minimalist and luxurious, the bags are well made and simple enough (with a little something) to stand the test of trends. I mean the Sac Du Jour is genius, a Birkin knockoff, but genius.

Exactly - the new SLP look like knockoffs of Hermes Birkin and Celine. And they are too minimalist and structured for my taste. Even my Majorelles, which at first appear boxy, are pretty slouchy. I am trying to find a classic large Muse in a color I like before it's too late :o(

The thing is, i feel a disconnect between the brand's accessories line and the RTW line.. while the RTW looks like a streetwalker at 4 a.m., the bags and accessories look very polished, very minimal. (case in point, the Duffel and the Lulu which looks so polished, so chic. very Parisian indeed.) kinda like a streetwalker went inside a club and snatched one of the classier attendees' bags, and used it.

The thing is, i feel a disconnect between the brand's accessories line and the RTW line.. while the RTW looks like a streetwalker at 4 a.m., the bags and accessories look very polished, very minimal. (case in point, the Duffel and the Lulu which looks so polished, so chic. very Parisian indeed.) kinda like a streetwalker went inside a club and snatched one of the classier attendees' bags, and used it.

you obviously havnt been to paris recently, or in the past 10 years, slouchy cardigans, biker boots, vintage style dresses etc. are (and have been) all the rage with young paris (look at isabel marant,lanvin etc) you don't wear an entire runway look, the pieces r all very commercially viable. for those who say you can go to a high street store and find the same, you can do the same with a chanel inspired tweed jacket, or a givenchy printed tshirt etc. luxury is in the details, quality fabrics, embroidery, hand made buttons, fit and cut of the garment, you can buy something that looks similar but it will never be the same. and i would like to point out to all you "fans" of ysl, hedi slimane was at ysl before pilati, in 1997 slimane worked for the house launching ysl rive gauche homme, and was the designer until 2000. way before pilati started in 04...... slimane it would seem, is far more encapsulated in brand culture than pilati