Hayden-Harnett -- worth full price?

The HH bags that I love have beautiful leathers and intricate detailing. If the sales ceased permanently, I would most def. purchase at full price. FWIW, I do believe that once they become "mainstream," the prices will increase as they all seem to do.

Completely agree with you and would also be willing to pay full price. I do it with Coach and Balenciaga, etc., because I love the bags and without blinking-- and then I see those bags everywhere. I take a lot of pleasure in supporting a small, new business (and of course I also like it that they are in my 'hood!), and in knowing that the bags I carry are unusual.

I think the HH brand will become well-known-- and not too far in the furure, either. One of these days HH bags will start appearing on the arms of celebrities and we'll all have the pleasure of knowing we were there first. Not to mention how smug we'll feel about the prices (sale or full) we paid "back in the day."

Completely agree with you and would also be willing to pay full price. I do it with Coach and Balenciaga, etc., because I love the bags and without blinking-- and then I see those bags everywhere. I take a lot of pleasure in supporting a small, new business (and of course I also like it that they are in my 'hood!), and in knowing that the bags I carry are unusual.

I think the HH brand will become well-known-- and not too far in the furure, either. One of these days HH bags will start appearing on the arms of celebrities and we'll all have the pleasure of knowing we were there first. Not to mention how smug we'll feel about the prices (sale or full) we paid "back in the day."
Amen to that:tup:

i for sure dont think they are worth retail :sad: and it sucks but i was looking at the ruby havana and the ruby sonia tote on active End. but i just dont get why they are so $$ i mean botkier, and kooba and gustto are just a bit more $$, they are very well established brands , HH is a new brand and i dont think they should be asking over $400 for their bags :sad:

i think that the havana is amazing i have the cobalt one and love it and i paid 1/2 price for it, so about $200 and that to me is reasonable i think that should be their retail price, i think its fair and reasonable for the bag and $428 is just a little extreme

i mean with some brands you are paying an extra like $100-$200 just for the name but in this case i dont think paying for the name should be involved,,
I'm with you. I haven't bought an HH yet without a discount or sale. I've noticed a lot of new designers are pricing their bags way up there before they even get established. I think bags in general are way over priced, especially new designers.

I have to agree with the other posts here. I bought an HH Mosa at the last sale and now the woven handles are falling apart. Of course, because it was a final sale, I have to take it to my repair shop to have something done...and the kicker is that the original price was around $600. There is no way in the world that I would have paid that much( I paid $150). At that price, I cannot really complain( though this sounds like a complaint!) because the bag is beautiful, although it is not of the quality i've come to expect from tPF "recommended" brands

Sorry to hear this about your Mosa.:sad: I was just looking at one on Ebay & it's a lovely looking bag. I can't help but wonder about the ppl who did pay retail for this bag & whether they've had this same issue.

I also don't think that any designer bag is worth their retail price. That's why sales are great! If I were going to pay full price for a bag it wouldn't be an HH bag. Maybe something by Mulberry.

I would definitely not pay retail for HH because they've sort of ruined their name with the steep (and FREQUENT) sales they've had. Even at 50% off, I won't buy because I'm afraid it might go lower as soon as I received it. I don't mind paying for the name, but as HH isn't really a "name" to pay for yet and their service certainly doesn't support that either, I'll only buy on steep discount.

HH started out well but it quickly descended with their attitude. I tried to buy something over 1+ year ago and they basically snubbed my inquiry. Never returned.

AZIA - I LOVE ur icon/avatar (whatever that pic is called, sorry for now knowing). My good friend just came back from Paris and brought me the exact same macaroons from the exact same bakery.

Good things (and services) are made to be found and the people who provide it love doing it!

I wouldn't say they have "ruined their name", but I would say HH has now trained their customer to wait them out for a sale...and then wait some more because it goes down again. Once this happens, it's difficult for a company to regain momentum and expect full price to be paid for an item. I think you have a point but I also think they have made a strategic pricing blunder in cheapening all their product. Frankly, I would have sold it all to overstock.com and moved it out that way.

Totally agee.

I think they have spoiled us with the recent sales...now I would have to be really, really in love with something to pay full price. I had never even heard of HH before this forum and happened to be on vacation visiting my parents the week of the Big Bang sale...which meant a lot of time on the computer checking out the 30 min deals. Now I have every style and color memorized! I love my mercer TC to death, but would I have paid $468 for it? Likely not...to me that is half of a bbag...just wouldn't be able to justify it. I just got my Nico XX in luggage today, it will be a great travel bag, but I most definitely would not have paid $550 for it. $138...sure! Though I really do think a few years from now they will "make it" and we can all say we were there first thanks to tpf. ;)

HH started out well but it quickly descended with their attitude. I tried to buy something over 1+ year ago and they basically snubbed my inquiry. Never returned.

AZIA - I LOVE ur icon/avatar (whatever that pic is called, sorry for now knowing). My good friend just came back from Paris and brought me the exact same macaroons from the exact same bakery.

Good things (and services) are made to be found and the people who provide it love doing it!

thanks loveitwantit! the bakery is called Laduree. i really wish they shipped to canada. i would totally buy in bulk. lol.

your story is so true across the board. it's a gazillion times harder to have a disatisfied customer return than to keep them with good service.

Before I received my Hayden-Harnett Pastis, I would have said no. But, after seeing this fabulous bag in person, I say HECK YEAH! This bag is incredible, as in unbelievably creative and classic. It has hidden pockets on both ends and a beautifully crafted LARGE front pocket. The red and blue Paule Marrot lining pops like crazy. I didn't think I would care for the lining but I do. This is the first bag I have ever owned that I can say was made for ME and I LOVE IT! It is worth $435.00, every, single penny. I'll post pics soon.

Before I received my Hayden-Harnett Pastis, I would have said no. But, after seeing this fabulous bag in person, I say HECK YEAH! This bag is incredible, as in unbelievably creative and classic. It has hidden pockets on both ends and a beautifully crafted LARGE front pocket. The red and blue Paule Marrot lining pops like crazy. I didn't think I would care for the lining but I do. This is the first bag I have ever owned that I can say was made for ME and I LOVE IT! It is worth $435.00, every, single penny. I'll post pics soon.

Ankorchick, I am glad you love it as much as I do! To me, it is bags like this, with unusual design points, that are worth the extra $$. Not just a plain hobo (and I agree, no matter how soft the leather or how much of it there is, I would never pay over $500 for a Nico!), or a bag too similar to others out there, but really, yet subtly, quirky.

i've never bought a bag full price!! i go for the classic styles, so it's not like it's going to suddenly go on sale and look "soooo last season" or anything!

tpfers are pragmatic when it comes to bags!:yes: everything else? well...:graucho:

Honestly, I think they're in the middle of a brand strategy right now. They're offering sales and deep discounts to create a devoted following- and get their bags in as many hands as possible for brand recognition.

I believe over time we won't see as many sales and that the bags will hold up and hold their value. Compared to other bags of the same quality, they're cheaper as is.

So yes, I'll pay full price when I have to.

Yep, this is exactly what I've been thinking too. Get them out there and talked about...the quality is amazing and people will want them.

Ankorchick, I am glad you love it as much as I do! To me, it is bags like this, with unusual design points, that are worth the extra $$. Not just a plain hobo (and I agree, no matter how soft the leather or how much of it there is, I would never pay over $500 for a Nico!), or a bag too similar to others out there, but really, yet subtly, quirky.

GlamaRuth, I don't know if I posted this before but, I have the Pastis, thanks to you! Your description sent me over the edge. I already liked the way the bag looked but didn't see how it fit into my lifestyle. One of the reasons I like Hayden-Harnett bags is because they're organized so I can stay organized and reach what I need conveniently. When you said there were pockets on either side and the front, that was that. I put my keys in one side pocket and my Treo in the front and I'm set. Thanks so much for the poetic description. I agree, it can be compared to a work of art. It makes me smile when I look at it.
By the way, HH must do a better job of highlighting what makes each bag beautiful and practical. I need to see better photos, more inside photos and read more detail on the written description. I think they're missing out on business this way. I don't know if one of the owners' cousins is handling this part of the business, or what, but I find it lacking.

By the way, HH must do a better job of highlighting what makes each bag beautiful and practical. I need to see better photos, more inside photos and read more detail on the written description. I think they're missing out on business this way. I don't know if one of the owners' cousins is handling this part of the business, or what, but I find it lacking.

Boy, do I totally agree with this! I want high quality photos of the insides and I want to know exactly how many pockets, zippers, snaps, etc.

Same here about showcasing their bags. They have some beautiful bags but I often have to call or forage on tPF to find out about linings, shoulder drops and whether or not that tassel is included. Their catalog, while photographed nicely, didn't lay out color options for every bag (such as the Mercer). Things like that make a difference to the person who can't drop by the store to take a gander.