Hayden-Harnett -- worth full price?

there is a 15% code somewhere- i think it's ROCK07. you can't use it on the bags that are on sale though, just full priced items.

i have a couple of HH bags, i had more but sold them b/c they didn't suit my needs. i'm also waiting to receive the havana hobo that i just ordered from this sale.

i agree with the others who said they would not pay full price considering they have frequent sales.

by the way, i have an ibiza tote and i still have the tags on the thing!!!

I don't have an HH (yet, I'm eyeing the sale), but I think bags in general aren't worth retail. I have a few (erm, 4) Grysons, and those have all been purchased at 15%-50% off retail. Pretty much any bag I've bought in the last 4 years has been on sale. I've found that if i'm patient, the price of what I want drops pretty drastically. It's not so much that they aren't worth full price, but that i'm not going to pay full price if i'm pretty sure that patience will get me a deal.

Wow, what an unfortunate perception of the HH brand. I've purchased some bags for full price (e.g. olive Ibiza convertible flight tote, plum Havana hobo) and some during sales (e.g. saddle Suki Ladybag, smoke blue Hudson triple strap satchel). However my purchase decisions were based purely on my budget - not my perceived value. If you love it and you have to get it now - go for it! The compliments you receive when carrying the bag will prove it's value.

I'm a born and bred bargain shopper, so paying retail for anything can hurt! That said, once you move out of Banana Rebublic/Nine West (not knocking them - my sister-in-law has a lovely moss green leather BR purse and I have some vinyl 9W that I actually wore out, I carried them so much) territory into higher end bags, I think HH actually gives good value for the money.

Remember I waited two years for my Mercer triple-c in Iznik yellow to go on sale. The frequent sale thing is new this summer - they had an apparel sale in April (so I actually got HH clothes before any bags), then the madness really got rolling with the Big Bang sale, which went right into the Last Chance sale, then the brick-and-mortar sample sale with only the briefest pause before the Labor Day sale. Prior to all this, I only ever saw an annual winter sale. Could I have forgone other shopping for a while and saved for the full-price Mercer? Of course, but paying over $400 for any single item is anethema to a vintage maven!

Still, HH is priced better than bags of comparable quality (Coach comes to mind), but manages to maintain high design/uniqueness/quality standards. I got the Pastis with just the regular "thank you for purchasing" discount code they send out with all of their shipments (ROCK2007), and I would have been happy to pay full price - I wanted to carry it this season, rather than waiting for their spring bags to come out for the prior season to be discounted. No, they are not as established as Botkier et. al., but we are probably paying a small premium for bags that aren't on every highstreet or on most people's radar and will set you apart (without screaming, of course!). They haven't got the volume sales yet.

Of course, most of their styles have an "instant classic" feel - easier without logos all over them to date them to year x's it bag - so waiting to purchase a style until it is reduced won't take away any of your pleasure in it. To wrap up this ramble, are they worth retail? Yes, if you can stomach paying retail. But smart shoppers know when to wait - after all, if they weren't worth it, would we all feel we'd gotten such a bargain? By definition, it means we paid less than something is worth! Plus, I always find that when I score a bargain, I love it all the more. It makes me feel stylish and savvy, and that is a very attractive combination!

I kind of agree - if you want it then you should go for it - a purse is worth what you are willing to pay for it. I just know I wouldn't have paid the retail on mine, or on pretty much any of their others. But then again I don't have the luxury of being able to buy them at full price anyway!

I would definitely not pay retail for HH because they've sort of ruined their name with the steep (and FREQUENT) sales they've had. Even at 50% off, I won't buy because I'm afraid it might go lower as soon as I received it. I don't mind paying for the name, but as HH isn't really a "name" to pay for yet and their service certainly doesn't support that either, I'll only buy on steep discount.

Honestly, if it weren't for those sales that they had this summer (as well as all you wonderful ladies at tPF), I would have never bought an HH bag, discounted or not. I had no idea who they were or anything about their quality. I really love my Gaza hobo that I bought from them and have been using it nearly everyday. However, I don't think I would pay the retail on their bags just because I would probably feel like I was overpaying if I did. For example, I feel stupid paying even $200 for a Havana, let alone $400, when I very well know that many ladies on here bought the Saddle or Chalk one for $86. Oddly enough though, I don't feel like that about the other labels I have. Maybe, it does have to do with the fact that they are not yet an established "brand".

I just discovered HH the other day right before the sale started. I almost bought a purse at full price until the nice ladies here told me about the wonderful sale prices that HH has. So after a full week of checking out the sale I've purchased 2 hand bags. One for $100 and the other for $200. I do have to say that I was thinking yesterday that now that I know they have these great sales I will never purchase a bag full price from them. I will wait until a sale if I want a HH bag. Honestly I think they have kinda ruined their name b/c now that they have these awesome sales I am sure not many people will purchase them full price. I mean why not wait until a sale and get 2 bags cheaper than what you could pay for just one at full price?????

I'm not sure.... I don't think I would, since I never pay full price for ANYTHING. But... I think my Havana for $200 in last year's online sample sale was a STEAL for the $$. I've gotten MJ's and thought the quality was no better than a Coach or Dooney. So if I think the HH's are a great value for the sale prices, then shouldn't it follow that they're "worth" full price?

I think they are (as much as any other mid-high-end leather bags are), but the difference is, we wouldn't, because of the sales this summer.

FWIW, I think this is why HH-Hos won't get a separate forum here in the meantime (as has been suggested). The only sustainable massive interest in HH around here, is when there's a sale.

Honestly, I think they're in the middle of a brand strategy right now. They're offering sales and deep discounts to create a devoted following- and get their bags in as many hands as possible for brand recognition.

I believe over time we won't see as many sales and that the bags will hold up and hold their value. Compared to other bags of the same quality, they're cheaper as is.

So yes, I'll pay full price when I have to.