Hayden Harnett Hoes Home Base For All Things Hayden Harnett

Thanks, India.

I use this trick on polymer clay sculptures, to do face shading , and it's very subtle, but you can lay different colors on top of one another or do multiple layers of one color until you reach the correct saturation point.

Plus it doesn't bleed. Believe me, I've messed up enough purses/coats to know!

Shelley

Thanks, India.

I use this trick on polymer clay sculptures, to do face shading , and it's very subtle, but you can lay different colors on top of one another or do multiple layers of one color until you reach the correct saturation point.

Plus it doesn't bleed. Believe me, I've messed up enough purses/coats to know!

Shelley

Brilliant!

Chinsumo,

Try some matching mineral eyeshadow. Just the tiniest amount, blend it in with your finger. At least the contrast will be toned down.

This is a really good idea! I would try putting a little mineral shadow on a q-tip and blending it in. Then if the result is good, you could try mixing in a little leather conditioner to make the color soak into the leather better. It's a gorgeous bag btw. It looks fantastic on you!

I'm really surprised the glue removal left a white mark on the leather. I guess that means the leather isn't dyed all the way through :confused1:

I just bought a saddle Havana Hobo from ebay (yay!). While I haven't received it yet, I'm wondering if this will be an ok color for fall/winter - what do you all think?

By the way, this is my first HH bag, so I'm very excited. I missed their sales, but got a pretty good deal on ebay.

Chinsumo,

Try some matching mineral eyeshadow. Just the tiniest amount, blend it in with your finger. At least the contrast will be toned down.

Good luck!

:tup:

I don't know where to start. All of you ladies have given me a lot of options. The eye shadow idea sounds really good, now I just need to get into my sisters purse.

I just bought a saddle Havana Hobo from ebay (yay!). While I haven't received it yet, I'm wondering if this will be an ok color for fall/winter - what do you all think?

By the way, this is my first HH bag, so I'm very excited. I missed their sales, but got a pretty good deal on ebay.

Congratulations and welcome to HH Ho-dom....though I do not have anything from them in the saddle color, I would think you could wear this color year-round......:smile:

This is a really good idea! I would try putting a little mineral shadow on a q-tip and blending it in. Then if the result is good, you could try mixing in a little leather conditioner to make the color soak into the leather better. It's a gorgeous bag btw. It looks fantastic on you!

I'm really surprised the glue removal left a white mark on the leather. I guess that means the leather isn't dyed all the way through :confused1:

chinsumo can confirm, but I think the super glue took a piece of the leather with it ... but I could be wrong. Chin?

:yes:PERFECT for fall and great for the rest of the year, too.

GUNG -- thanks so much for starting this thread! Great to have a home :smile:

chinsumo -- what a major bummer. Perhaps look into leather paint? I'm sure a good cobbler would have some good advice. Let us know how it goes!