Having the "Blues" has never felt so good (pics). :)

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
Hi ladies! So, I was away for a short vacation and kept thinking "please let this bag not come in while I'm away!" My NM only ordered three, and my SA was given two... she assured me I was number one, but I still freaked out. :sweatdrop: Well, it arrived this past Saturday, and I immediately made plans to pick up my bag right away! :-p

Several years ago, my love for cobalt blue reached epic proportions... this mysterious reference library pic (which I have saved but can't find now!) is to blame... Ceci posted a collage with the pic here (upper left):

bluecompilation.jpg

I pined away for a bright blue, structured medium flap forever :girlsigh:... years went by and the bag was never released :sad:... but then, Cruise 2010 happened... score!! :yahoo: Even though I wasn't able to get my hands on a medium flap (silly Chanel with their random buy patterns :rolleyes:), I'm thrilled to say that I'm the proud owner of a Jumbo!!! :cloud9:

Anyway, I'm done babbling... I posted pictures with my blue Jumbo family and tried to take pictures in various lights... it's a very difficult color to capture though. Until (and hopefully it doesn't happen for a LONG time) Chanel releases a turquoise or teal medium caviar flap, I'm 10000000000% blue-d out! :-p

Pictures to follow in the next post, so hang on, cuz there are a lot. Thanks for stopping by and sharing my "Blues!" :flowers:

Miss Cobalt Blue in natural daylight (indoors)!

BR6.jpg

BR5.jpg

BR8.jpg

With flash, indoors (curtains closed):

BR7.jpg

My happy blue family (indoors, natural daylight)! Top (left to right): '06A bleu fonce with silver h/w, '07A navy patent with silver h/w, '09A bleu fonce with gold h/w. Bottom - '10C bleu roi (the infamous 94058 blue)!!!
BR1.jpg

A profile shot of the Blues quartet (with flash)!
BR9.jpg

Same pic as above, without flash!
BR10.jpg

The three caviar Jumbos!
BR3.jpg

Jenn (hi H!), this is for you haha... all black (well, the grey tee snuck in, oops :P)... it looks FABULOUS against all black (so you need it)!! :smile: Ohhh, and my outfit = Vince black leather jacket, Splendid grey tunic tee, Current Elliott super skinny black jeans, CL black patent decolletes and, of course, the Jumbo. :smile:

BR14.jpg

BR16.jpg

BR15.jpg

BR13.jpg

Last edited:
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee beautiful! enjoy!

and what a lovely collection of blues all in all. i have the fall's bleu fonce like yours too and will be getting this blue in lambskin maxi and i cannot wait!!!

Congratulations!!!!! This is beautiful. I am also #1 on the list at my store, but, so far, no phone call. I can hardly wait to see it IRL. I appreciate your picture next to the other bags since I have a navy jumbo as well.

Minal! She's beautiful and a great *pop* of color! I like how you paired her with greys and blacks. Cobalt steals the show!! And your blue quartet is so cute!!! :: big hugs::

ooooo:huh:OOOOoooo!!! :drool: i come poking into TPF at the right time!!! :P

congratulations on receiving your lovely miss blue roi, and thanks for posting so many photos to compare the color and your modeling pics!!!! oh i can not wait to get mine!!!! (where is it!??!??!?)

so, are you happy with this color M?? :heart:

p.s. love your new avatar! i started watching supernatural last week! i know...i am sooooo behind!

Wowzers! She is so gorgy! Thanks so much for all of the wonderful comparison pics and sharp modeling snapshots. It really helps us get a better idea of what this blue looks like and if it will work with our current wardrobes. I appreciate it so much and you. Enjoy and congratulations on a beautiful bag!

OMG H!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: Thank you! :yahoo: I've been waiting for your gorgeous modeling pics!! The bag is amazing, but your are even more amazing! :love: Thank you for the black outfit pics! This is EXACTLY how I remember the bag looking against black. How beautiful is that contrast? I was having some doubts about getting the bag, but your modeling pics just sealed the deal. The color really looks fabulous with black! You can definitely tell how vibrant this blue is in your blue group pic. Thank you H!! Now I'm really excited!! :heart: Hugs!! BTW, we need to catch up. I feel like I haven't spoken to you in forever... :P