Having Second Thoughts... Help!?!

marinkab

O.G.
Dec 4, 2006
Hi everyone!

I purchased a Chanel Icons Flap in black this afternoon and keep going back and forth in mind about this bag... what do you guys think? All your opinions are much appreciated and wanted!

TIA!

I think it is a pretty bag, but I don't think you should have to talk yourself into keeping a bag when you are spending that much money. I think that if you don't absolutely love it, take it back.

if it's just the $ you're waffling on, keep it a few days and mull it over.
If you're having trouble deciding if you actually love the bag or not, take it back :smile:

^I agree. You shouldn't have to think about whether you like a bag or not. For me, it's always love at first sight with bags. If I ever have to think twice about it, I just tell myself no. That's how I felt about the melrose satin cabas. I loved the style, but not the hardware so I had to keep myself from buying it. Looking back, I think if I had ended up buying it I would have regretted it.

If you have to convince yourself you like something, that's not a good sign. :nogood: There will always be more bags.

Thank you so much for your input! I went into the store today knowing I want to come out with something, and I do like this bag - just not sure if I love it, you know? What I am lusting after is the re-issue, but was told by a Saks SA that they are impossible to find, so ended up walking out with this bag... Do you think it's a classic though, or just a trend?

^They're coming out with reissues again this spring, which is only about 2-3 months away. I personally think you should return the icons bag and wait for the spring reissues to come out. Since you went in wanting a reissue, you should use the money towards that when it gets released again. :yes:

^I agree. You shouldn't have to think about whether you like a bag or not. For me, it's always love at first sight with bags. If I ever have to think twice about it, I just tell myself no. That's how I felt about the melrose satin cabas. I loved the style, but not the hardware so I had to keep myself from buying it. Looking back, I think if I had ended up buying it I would have regretted it.

If you have to convince yourself you like something, that's not a good sign. :nogood: There will always be more bags.
Couldn't have said it better myself! :yes: