Have you purchased the same items over and over?

For me, I buy basics in multiple colours and enough of the neutrals so I don't run out before the next laundry cycle. (e.g. black camis, white turtlenecks, black leggings)

Otherwise, I tend to buy similar/same silhouettes once I've found one that complements my body well. My wardrobe is filled with a-line dresses/skirts and high waisted bottoms, for example. I'm very much a maximalist so I have a wide range of colours and prints. :giggle:
I do the same with basic tshirts / underwear for laundry cycles.
And silhouettes are in fact whats most important in finding your style and outfits that work for you! That´s what people notice and remember

Long ago I used to buy multiples and then I refused to so I stopped. I didn’t want the same thing even in a different color. But I don’t really seem to like much these past few years so I’ve been buying multiples again. And recently I bought a lot of multiples, some are the same color and pattern, some are different colors.

I started to type out my list of multiples but it’s actually embarrassing when I see it written out so I’ll just say I have many lol.

Yes, do this all the time with liking an item and buying in multiple colors, sometimes I'm buying them all at once because I couldn't decide which color I wanted and the price is reasonable to have multiples, or sometimes I already own it and love it so go back for more versions/colors later.

The only exact duplicate I can think of is I own 4 pairs of the same black pants, bought my first on clearance and wear them most days to work, pretty much wore them out after such consistent wear. When I found 3 more in my size on clearance I bought them all, so now the old pair I wear when I need an old pair of pants (like might get stained or dirty), wearing 1 of the new pairs pretty much everyday again, and I haven't yet worn the other 2 but I could get them out any time if I feel like it or when the one I'm currently wearing looks raggedy. I like them because they look like regular dress pants but are stretch and pull on with no zippers/buttons to deal with and makes for a smooth front. If I'm going to wear pants (like opposed to a dress or skirt) it's basically these pants or jeans, and I can't wear jeans to work. I have other pants but I barely wear them.

Guilty! My vice is cap-toe shoes. From Chanel I have the ballerinas in three colors, a pair of espadrilles, and a pair of slingbacks. I also have the cap-toe Gianvito Rossi mules from last year (I bought but returned the over-the-knee boots bc they didn't fit, loved them though).

So I thought I was done, but then just last night I ordered the Chanel cap-toe Mary Janes from this spring/summer. This despite the fact that I have other items on my wishlist! I just keep buying variations on the same style over and over again. :no:

Doc Marten black boots approx every 3 years. They are not always exactly the same but they're made on the same last.

7 tees in dark green and purple from M&S mens in XS last year (cheaper than women's, pure cotton and better shape for wide shoulders).

2 Eres black swimsuits last year in a NAP sale (double-up as leotards).

Lost count of LBDs

If I find good leggings/tights/socks at a reasonable price then just multiply

Doc Marten black boots approx every 3 years. They are not always exactly the same but they're made on the same last.

7 tees in dark green and purple from M&S mens in XS last year (cheaper than women's, pure cotton and better shape for wide shoulders).

2 Eres black swimsuits last year in a NAP sale (double-up as leotards).

Lost count of LBDs

If I find good leggings/tights/socks at a reasonable price then just multiply
Funny I was looking at getting my first pair of doc martens, which ones do you have?
I also lost count of my LBDs and black skirts.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie

I currently have three identical pairs of nappa black 1460 and 1 pair of Aunt Sally chelsea Docs!

And 3 identical pairs of Pride.

In my defense, everytime I had store credit in a certain store and I can't think of anything to buy, I buy a pair of Dr Martens.

:nuts:

I currently have three identical pairs of nappa black 1460 and 1 pair of Aunt Sally chelsea Docs!

And 3 identical pairs of Pride.

In my defense, everytime I had store credit in a certain store and I can't think of anything to buy, I buy a pair of Dr Martens.

:nuts:
Classic! I was trying to tell the SA that they are more rounded than they were in the 90s, Like the Chelsea boots and archive 101 which are more “almond” toe...but I want 1460. she was looking at me like WTF...yes I am an annoying designer.

Reactions: doni and papertiger
All the time. Duplicates that I can think of one the top of my head that are right now in my wardrobe:

The exact same model of Helmut Lang leather pants. Bought the first pair in 2007 and have bought 5 since.
The Eres Aquarelle swimsuit. Bought my first around 15 years ago? And I must have gone through 3 or so. I am thinking of buying one with a print this Summer.
& Other Stories swimsuit that they do every year and I have been buying since 3 or 4 years ago.
Gucci loafers, I have multiples of Brixtons.
I have a bunch of the exact same white t-shirt by ATM. When I find a white tee I like I tend to buy several.
The same white Loewe asymmetric white shirt. I also have the two pairs of the exact same Loewe tees from a special edition (bought on season and then both again on sale).
A Summer tunic dress by Greek brand Devotion: 3 in different colors.
I just bought on sale a raspberry version of an Isabel Marant sweatshirt I have in white. Looking for the green one.
Joseph pants, that model they always have.
Hermes Calvis.
Stan Smiths, I have gone through 3 or 4 pairs.
Espadrilles handmade in the Spanish village of my grandparents. Hundreds of them.

As for make up, beauty, perfume, hosiery, etc, I basically only stop buying the same thing when they discontinue it. :P

Last edited: