Have you purchased the same items over and over?

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I tend to go with the trends and like to change....BUT I have in the past bought 3 disco pants from American Apparel in the time span of 3 years, 3 times the same stretchy trousers from Cos, 2 times the same bodycon dress from American Apparel.
Thats for the exact same things.
For "similar" things : -derbys (1 pair every 2 years) -ballerina flats (1 pair every 2-3 years) for the past 15 years....
And of course the white button down shirt, and the trench coat (4 in 10 years...), plus the little black skirt

The exact same item? (Colour, Material, style)

I can't say that I've done that on more than two occasions:

1.When I was a teen, I started working as a waiter so I went out and bought 10 of the same black dress shirt and five of the same wool pants.
2.Later when I was studying in college, I bought 12 of the same blue oxford shirt and wore one of them pretty much every day for 6 years.

However I've bought the same style in different colours, fabrics and leathers on many occasions!

I don't buy multiples unless I really love the item, and even if I did, it'd be in a different color. Certain exceptions have been made, for example one lower-priced t-shirt that I love but am anxious that it will become too worn so I need a replacement.

The exact same item? (Colour, Material, style)

I can't say that I've done that on more than two occasions:

1.When I was a teen, I started working as a waiter so I went out and bought 10 of the same black dress shirt and five of the same wool pants.
2.Later when I was studying in college, I bought 12 of the same blue oxford shirt and wore one of them pretty much every day for 6 years.

However I've bought the same style in different colours, fabrics and leathers on many occasions!
Waow that is really impressive!

I will have about 8 pairs of vintage Levi's in different styles...I have 4 at home, I just ordered two more pairs today, and already have 2 others on the way! Also, I have 8 Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Bags, 2 Morning After Mini's, and 3 Nikki bags...so yeah, I have multiples of things! ;)

Do shoes count? I have re-purchased driving shoes same color and style. I didnt realize you shouldn't wear them every single day or else they wear out very quickly (oops).
Driving shoes?
Funny cause I’m also a minimalist but I suppose that I just replace one after the other once I know what works...

I have an issue with shoes ever since I hurt my back. There are very few stylish flats that can accommodate my orthotics and look ok with several outfits. I found a pair of slip ons and boots that I wear to death. Both are discontinued but they pop up every now and then on eBay and I buy a pair since I go through them quickly.

Only other thing I’ve bought multiples of are jeans that fit me well (wish I bought more) and uniqlo black thermals for winter!

Driving shoes?
Funny cause I’m also a minimalist but I suppose that I just replace one after the other once I know what works...
These shoes used to be something by Tod's. Now they are just driving shoes. I should have mentioned I only buy them on sale. The first pair I bought per wear cost was probably fairly low but having to repurchase after six months isn't ideal.

Tods.png

For me, I buy basics in multiple colours and enough of the neutrals so I don't run out before the next laundry cycle. (e.g. black camis, white turtlenecks, black leggings)

Otherwise, I tend to buy similar/same silhouettes once I've found one that complements my body well. My wardrobe is filled with a-line dresses/skirts and high waisted bottoms, for example. I'm very much a maximalist so I have a wide range of colours and prints. :giggle:

I have an issue with shoes ever since I hurt my back. There are very few stylish flats that can accommodate my orthotics and look ok with several outfits. I found a pair of slip ons and boots that I wear to death. Both are discontinued but they pop up every now and then on eBay and I buy a pair since I go through them quickly.

Only other thing I’ve bought multiples of are jeans that fit me well (wish I bought more) and uniqlo black thermals for winter!
I get so angry when they discontinue things!
Like I had found the PERFECT shade of dark red lipstick from Chanel. darker but not too dark, and with slightly warm undertones.
And all my staples from American Apparel discontinued so I´m hunting second hand....
Uniqlo is great for basic tshirts and underwear!

• Angry
Reactions: Luv2Scoop and doni