Have you gotten your Gryson?

ctm19 said:
Oh man I saw the smoke skye today in person and WHAT a beauty! This bag is just the perfect size and shape and the smoke color is TDF! I ordered an Olivia and returned it b/c it was too large but I think I may be getting a Skye now...

Ctm19, go for it! =)
What color of Skye are you thinking of?

bag.lover said:
I am sorry to hear that, please update on us on your decision.

I'm still debating. I took pics of all my bags today for the Showcase thread (I think the posting is waiting to be approved or something. It hasn't shown up yet), so I still have all my bags all over the floor. I put all my fall/winter bags together to figure out which ones I'll likely use most often. Here's the Gryson, along with my 2 Miu Miu's. I know I'll be using the brown Miu Miu bag alot, so maybe it wouldn't make sense keeping a bag that is somewhat uncomfortable on me. I'll keep you posted.

DSC01002.JPG

Bag.lover, I have a similar dilemma! I noticed you are in southern CA too, are you near LA? There are some LA shops that carry them. I was at Therapy in Pasadena, and they have a couple. Maybe seeing them IRL will help you to make up your mind. :smile:
(Though to be honest, it didn't help me, I am even more torn after seeing how lovely they are, lol.)

bag.lover said:
Is it here yet? =)
I am thinking of Chocolate & White Skye, can't make up my mind.....Is it too crazy for me to get both? LOL.

No, not crazy at all! I'm wondering if I should get another Skye too - it looks pretty in smoke and black as well! So many bags, so little time! :graucho:

spiralsnowman said:
Bag.lover, I have a similar dilemma! I noticed you are in southern CA too, are you near LA? There are some LA shops that carry them. I was at Therapy in Pasadena, and they have a couple. Maybe seeing them IRL will help you to make up your mind. :smile:
(Though to be honest, it didn't help me, I am even more torn after seeing how lovely they are, lol.)

I'm in Orange County, my local NM has Olivia in Chocolate, Military, and Smoke; I wish there's White as well so I can compare the color side by side. I am set on Skye....

spiralsnowman said:
Carolyn, kind of OT, but you have some really lovely bags! Is that a Prada in the bunch?

The Skye looks good w/ them. How do you like the size?

Thank you. :P Yes, the yellow flower bag is a Prada. I'm a real sucker for yellow roses. All my other bags finally posted in the showcase area, if you want to take a look-see.

The bag with them is actually the Olivia. It's large, and I really like the size. The straps are what bother me (see my earlier post in this thread).

I guess some people are getting their bags already. Those pictures of the smoke color look really nice. Thanks for posting. I am still waiting on mine. I think it is supposed to come in September. Now I kind of want to change my mind and get the smoke instead of the chocolate.

safin1 said:
I guess some people are getting their bags already. Those pictures of the smoke color look really nice. Thanks for posting. I am still waiting on mine. I think it is supposed to come in September. Now I kind of want to change my mind and get the smoke instead of the chocolate.

Safin1: Smoke is dark charcoal/grey, it looks like Black from certain angle. Do you prefer Brown or Black? If you like Brown, go for Chocolate. Otherwise, go for Smoke or Black.

At my local NM, they just put out a few Gryson bags on Saturday. They had only the Olivia in white, military, chocolate, and black. I am definetely purchasing the Olivia in White. It was soooooooo beautiful ~ Love at first sight!! The leather is amazing. Even thought I might be crazy for buying a white bag during Fall season .. I still love it. I was worried about the size, but I don't think the bag is too big for me. I am 5'10" and I love big bags!!

I really wanted to see the smoke color since everyone keeps commenting how beautiful the color is . . Perhaps I'll also order the Skye in Smoke.

bag.lover: I had the chocolate on preorder. I started to think about the smoke, but then I went to NM's website and they had the white in stock. So guess what? I just went ahead and ordred the white skye. I've been wanting to see this bag in person for the longest time. I hope that I will like the white. If not then, I will return it. The white looks nice on other websites. Also, it looked nice in the NM catalog.

I finally got my Olivia in chocolate . It is a well made bag and beautiful but I'm thinking of returning it.:sad: I don't like the weight. It's difficult to open and the straps are uncomfortable. I am so in love with the purse but I don't know if it's worth it....