Have you gotten your Gryson?

Oh man I saw the smoke skye today in person and WHAT a beauty! This bag is just the perfect size and shape and the smoke color is TDF! I ordered an Olivia and returned it b/c it was too large but I think I may be getting a Skye now...

I finally got my Olivia today in chocolate. I had it mailed to a friend in CT to save the tax and had to wait a few weeks to pick it up from her! I have to say, however, that it is beautiful, but has a few issues. I actually think I may return it (aack!!!). Here are my issues:

1) the double straps are quite thin and are only held on by rivets (?). I tend to overstuff my bags with everything and I'm not sure how durable they will be.

2) The straps also pivet so they can fall to the back of the purse when not in use. This functionality, however, is not very smooth, and I find myself continuosly piveting them myself. Not very practical.

3) The front pocket is surrounded by leather piping. I HATE leather piping. It's a peeve of mine, I guess, due to the many pipings that were destroyed too quickly on my former Coach bags and wallets (when those were all I could afford).

Is anyone else having these issues? I usually fall in love with handbags and am concerned that I'm even finding issues at all.

Please help!

cs06 said:
I finally got my Olivia today in chocolate. I had it mailed to a friend in CT to save the tax and had to wait a few weeks to pick it up from her! I have to say, however, that it is beautiful, but has a few issues. I actually think I may return it (aack!!!). Here are my issues:

1) the double straps are quite thin and are only held on by rivets (?). I tend to overstuff my bags with everything and I'm not sure how durable they will be.
I just received the Skye in white. The strap attachments don't seem to be terribly substantial, but I don't know how true this impression is. This is probably more of a problem for the larger Olivia bag that you have, since I don't think I could stuff enough in the Skye to make this a problem. I do understand why you're concerned, though.

cs06 said:
2) The straps also pivet so they can fall to the back of the purse when not in use. This functionality, however, is not very smooth, and I find myself continuosly piveting them myself. Not very practical.
I've used the Skye once, and yes, the ends of the straps always seemed to be in the way when I was zipping the bag closed. It's a touch irritating, but something I think I can get used to. I equate it with how the closure straps on my Mulberry Rosemary always seem to be in my way when I open or close the bag.

cs06 said:
3) The front pocket is surrounded by leather piping. I HATE leather piping. It's a peeve of mine, I guess, due to the many pipings that were destroyed too quickly on my former Coach bags and wallets (when those were all I could afford).
Since I have the white color, and the piping is contrast (chocolate), this is a decorative feature on the Skye that I like. I think it may depend on how roughly the bag is treated. The piping on the front pocket isn't in a place that would likely take a lot of abuse.

cs06 said:
Is anyone else having these issues? I usually fall in love with handbags and am concerned that I'm even finding issues at all.
Yes, I can see why you're bothered by these things. The advice of the ladies here is generally that if you don't love the bag, it's probably not worth keeping. I really love mine enough to be able to overlook the fussiness of the straps (Skye received a lot of compliments last night). I love the look and workmanship of the bag, and it's just as nice inside as outside - an extra bit of quality.

I got my smoke skye but haven't taken pics yet...promise today.

Overall impressions...the leather is very similar to the paddy, very rich and gorgeous, with a wonderful leather smell. The shoulder straps are kind of strange with long ends, but you can remove them from the buckles if you want. Frankly, I like having them. You can tell a bag was designed by a woman when you see shoulder straps.

The bag is perfect size and med/light in weight. The color is really intersting. The handles and trim are dark brown and the body is very dark grey, almost black in some light. Perfect for fall/win. Love the braided handles too. Very nice touch, adds an interesting texture.

The bag also unsnaps on the sides to make it a squarer silhouette. Inside is brown suede, very lux. :heart:

I haven't worn it yet. Still trying to get every bit of use out of my lighter summer bags!

As promised here are the pics.

Attachments

• gryson1.JPG
    gryson1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 119
  • gryson2.JPG
    gryson2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 123
  • gryson3.JPG
    gryson3.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 104
  • gryson4.JPG
    gryson4.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 106
  • gryson5.JPG
    gryson5.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 92
Thanks for the detailed description and pics, Greenie! I keep waffling back on forth on the Olivia. I can't get over the strap design. If I finally decide to get the Olivia, I'll probably take the straps off. But don't the buckles still get in the way? Do the buckles "clink" or make any noises when you're carrying the bag if you take the straps off?

abaglover said:
Thanks for the detailed description and pics, Greenie! I keep waffling back on forth on the Olivia. I can't get over the strap design. If I finally decide to get the Olivia, I'll probably take the straps off. But don't the buckles still get in the way? Do the buckles "clink" or make any noises when you're carrying the bag if you take the straps off?

Your welcome, abaglover. Anything for my PF Sisters! :flowers:

No, the buckles are fastened to the rivets. They swivel but don't hang or swing. The leathers is really beautiful. For the money, I think it's a good value. Compared to other bags at the same price, the workmanship and materials are top notch!

Greenie said:
Your welcome, abaglover. Anything for my PF Sisters! :flowers:

No, the buckles are fastened to the rivets. They swivel but don't hang or swing. The leathers is really beautiful. For the money, I think it's a good value. Compared to other bags at the same price, the workmanship and materials are top notch!

Thanks for your input, Greenie :flowers: ! It's really helpful :yes: !!

Greenie, thank you so much for the review and pictures. =) Your Smoke Skye is gorgeous, congrats! =)

I only saw Oliviva (in Smoke, Military, Chocolate) at NM Fashion Island. Based on the workmanship and material (leather & suede), I agree that Gryson bags are worth their price tags. =)

I am trying to decide between White and Chocolate Skye. In addition, I also like Ava in Black and Burgunday. =)

luvboogie said:
I really love mine enough to be able to overlook the fussiness of the straps (Skye received a lot of compliments last night). I love the look and workmanship of the bag, and it's just as nice inside as outside - an extra bit of quality.

Glad you receive & love your White Skye. Congrats!!! =)
I love the contrast in the White as well. I am having a hard time deciding between White & Chocolate Skye.

I am sorry to hear that, please update on us on your decision.

cs06 said:
I finally got my Olivia today in chocolate. I had it mailed to a friend in CT to save the tax and had to wait a few weeks to pick it up from her! I have to say, however, that it is beautiful, but has a few issues. I actually think I may return it (aack!!!).

maiorca said:
store will ship my skye tomorrow! i cannot wait to see. if I really love it, I'll get olivia as well! I love those soft looking bag...

Is it here yet? =)
I am thinking of Chocolate & White Skye, can't make up my mind.....Is it too crazy for me to get both? LOL.