Have you ever travelled to another country just to buy a certain thing?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm curious because I'm doing this now! There's no Miu Miu here so I'm travelling to Italy to buy a bag. Of course I will buy a lot more things there (well not in Miu Miu sadly, I mean in Italy) hopefully, but that's the main reason.

Anybody else done this?

2. Nope, can't afford to. :P But I have traveled as far as an hour and a half to a specific city or outlet to purchase something specific.

3. Yes, I regularly travel to the US to purchase designer goods I cannot get here.

4. ^^ Can I ask you where you live? I'm just curious how far you travel from.
    I think I wouldn't go outside Europe just to make a spending spree.

5. If I wasn't so broke right now, I'd go to Paris to get yummy macarons and millefeuile, clothes from Morgan, and LV.

6. Mexico for diet pills and Prilosec!

7. LOL! I wish!

Happy shopping and let us know what you get!

8. lol, no country hopping for me. although i have told my husband that if i lose or ever damage a specific silver ring, we're gonna have to go back to Costa Rica to buy another one (hand made by a local woman).

9. I'm in Canada so it is a minimum 6 hour flight depending on where I am going.

10. Not to another country yet, but I do want to go to Paris just for the shopping! The most I've traveled is to another state.

11. i haven't but i wish i had the power$ to do that :tender:

12. I would if I could. I considered going to Paris for a bag but scrapped that idea. It's too impractical and wasteful. Maybe when I'm a billionaire, I will consider it :P. For now, shopping in San Francisco or Chicago would have to suffice.

13. i've gone to paris but i live in london so it's just a train ride away ;)

14. My mom buys a lot of skin care stuff in Korea. but we don't go there just for the skin stuff :P

15. Living in Canada, I don't have access to the same stuff when I lived in the States so now, whenever my parents come to visit, I have a list for them:

Act Fluoride Rinse
    Orbit Gum
    Secret Clinical Strength