Have you ever owned a fake bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my ex boyfriend went on his first business trip to China, he brought me back two bags. One Gucci and one LV, I was 16 and he was 25 :P He gave them to me in a dustbag and I was like "wooooah, that's awesome, they must be real!!". I carried the LV the next day and I saw two real ones and the leather was a different color. The ones on mine where almost grey :biggrin: So I no longer believed it was real and it's been in the closet since :P I still chuckle when I see it, good memories.

Before I really researched designer bags, I bought what I thought was an authentic Prada in Aruba..Needless to say about a month later the shoulder strap broke, while I was in a club, (carring it around the rest of the night was a pain)...A real Prada in Aruba? That's like a real LV in Mexico....

My mom had a very high quality fake LV that she got as a present from her sister awhile ago. :sick: It wasn't until I started telling her how WRONG it was to carry a fake that we went out and bought her an authentic one from the store. Now she appreciates real LVs and the feeling of owning a real one too. Her fake one is just sitting in her closet collecting dust now but she doesn't have the heart to give it away. Anyway, mission accomplished! :biggrin:

However, I have a fake Diesel belt that I bought off ebay. I was scammed! I originally bought 2 belts so my bf and I can match but turns out they were fake Diesel so I got too embarrased to give it to him. :shame:It's still sitting somewhere in my closet. I need to dig it out and donate it to the Salvation Army later.

I used to have fake LV and Gucci but never knew about the underground world of fakes! My BF bought me the real Speedy 30 last year and ever since then and after becoming educated, it's only real for me!

I never see fakes where I live in Canada. I think it's hard to find fake bags....or I just don't know. When I visit the U.S (Tonight! YAY!!),I tend to see alot, but still never came into contact with someone selling fakes. Where do these people sell fakes?

You are all so full of it:sick:

I own a fake LV Suhali Silver and I love my bag:love:
I have no trouble wearing it:nuts:
I don't give a :amazed: .....what anyone thinks
I am sure that I can afford the real thing;)(I have the gold Suhali)

Do knockoff's count as fakes? Anyways, I have a knock-off Bulga and have no guilt about it... I bought it from the Brass Plus department from Nordstroms--I don't know if it was made in the same condition as the fake Guccis/LV/etc. that we hear about... But I wanted the look of a Bulga without the price. For me it's a trendy bag that I'll only carry for about a year, but I didn't want to spend $600 when I could use that towards a more "classic" purse.

It cost me $35 and I've enjoyed throwing it around on the weekends without worrying about it getting damaged. So it's served it's purpose well for me.

star3777 said:
I never see fakes where I live in Canada. I think it's hard to find fake bags....or I just don't know. When I visit the U.S (Tonight! YAY!!),I tend to see alot, but still never came into contact with someone selling fakes. Where do these people sell fakes?

mostly in the downtown districts of big urban areas. chinatown in manhattan is one of the worst spots. also, in the suburbs, some women have clandestine 'purse parties' where they find a distributor and invite their friends over to buy their purses and they get to keep a small profit for being the intermediary.

Tintin said:
You are all so full of it:sick:

I own a fake LV Suhali Silver and I love my bag:love:
I have no trouble wearing it:nuts:
I don't give a :amazed: .....what anyone thinks
I am sure that I can afford the real thing;)(I have the gold Suhali)

and why exactly are we full of it?

An "inspired" Bulga is not illegal. It's not as nice or as durable, but it'll do if you don't care about that stuff. For the record, my Bulga was $395, not $600.

I don't give a .....what anyone thinks

How charming. Then supporting an illegal, criminal, morally bankrupt industry doesn't weigh on your conscience either? Delightful.

Hi, a newbie here. I once owned a faux LV pouchette for 1 week that the seller claimed was real; paid $80 for it. This was my very first LV. Later learned that it was a fake, just from educating myself about the seams and patterns of an authentic LV. So I promptly sent back the fake bag, and marched myself to Saks to get the real deal (even if it meant paying nearly double the price of the fake!). I really think education and awareness can go a long way into avoiding fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.