Have you ever met anyone famous?

Wow! Learned something new today. I had no idea they were married! I always thought Gabriel was so hot back in his days.

I once “ met” Glen Close and her then husband Gabriel Byrne in the 1990.
She was so small in person but she was very, very kind to me as a lowly salesgirl.
Gabriel was also nice and he gave me an autograph that I must have somewhere.
Also they both look intense and looked like they were going thru the ringers.
To this day, I remember their kindness, anyways...

Most the people I know or have met are in professional sports, whether a coach, player or owner.
Jerry Jones’ son, Stephen, Jason Witten, Mean Joe Green, other players I can’t remember babes because I’m not a football fan lol! Mack Brown and lots other college coaches, most people here may not know them.
Country singers Josh Abbott and Pat Greene.

Sorry about your experience. His behaviour doesn't surprise me. Many people might not know Paul Mooney. He was standing next to my my mom at a store in San Francisco. My mom was so excited and wanted to saying something to him. Thank goodness I acted quickly and was able to catch her. He was rude AF, not a smile, eye acknowledgement etc. My mom's dad is from Shreveport, LA and she was hoping to chat with him. I explained some people want their privacy. Plus, he seemed to be in a really standoffish mood.

So coming to add in that I met Spike Lee in October. I was doing an event at the Papyrus store on Lexington Ave. in NYC as the Artist in Residence, and there were maybe 3 other people in the store. When he came in I was SO excited because I’m a Birmingham native and his documentary “Four Little Girls” had a huge impact on me. I even wrote my senior thesis on it! Anyway, he came in and I’m at this table in the front, and after the manager greeted him as “Mr. Perry” *CRINGE*, I said Mr. Lee, I’m thrilled to see you! Your documentary “Four LIttle Girls” was— “ and he went, “Yep.” And walked right past me.

He wasn’t especially in a hurry because he took his time finding a card. I get that he may have not been in the mood to talk but friggin let me get out a sentence.

Funny enough when he went to the counter to pay, he needed a Sharpie to sign the card. No one had one, except moi. So I brought it to him, uncapped, it, then walked back to my table. Saying nothing. Then he needed it again, so I gave it to him AGAIN. That time he did say thanks.

Anyway, I was so bummed I have to say. They manager later said he was constantly rude when he went in there and once made a sales associate cry.

Reactions: limom
I shared an elevator with 6 guys from the Denver Nuggets, in a Portland OR hotel. They were so freaking tall. I'm 5'11 and I felt completely tiny. These guys were all like 6'6 easily. I was clueless who I was with until a father/son got in the elevator and asked one player for an autograph.

Reactions: limom
If that counts, I passed Marc Jacobs 2010 in front of Butter (I think it was called like that - some fancy restaurant back then in NYC. I am a huge fan of him and was so stocked that I realized that some 10 min later after I receovered from my fan girl shock. To bad I was to shy to go back and just say hi, I admire your work...

If that counts, I passed Marc Jacobs 2010 in front of Butter (I think it was called like that - some fancy restaurant back then in NYC. I am a huge fan of him and was so stocked that I realized that some 10 min later after I receovered from my fan girl shock. To bad I was to shy to go back and just say hi, I admire your work...
Was he skinny already?
He runs hot and cold, irl..

Was he skinny already?
He runs hot and cold, irl..

Back then he was already skinny! It was when he started wearing kilts/skirts. Had one on that night! Haven't catched up for years what's happening to him... Back then I was such a fan! I still actually am, but not so of his current, but more of his past stuff...

I’ve met quite a few celebrities but the one that stands out the most is Frank Sinatra-Chairman of the board. It was a small charity event hosted in a home. He and Barbara walked in and he immediately went to get a drink sat down at the piano while Barbara smoozed. Frank looked so sad and quite bored. It was clearly evident Barbara was cashing in on his appearance at the charity.

Watching him made me sad for him in the sense you really don’t know who’s real.