Have you ever felt bad for someone with a fake?

Aaww...that's so nice! You'll be rewarded for it...do good...receive good. Karma always comes through ;)

When I see someone carrying a fake and worst they do not know that they are carrying a fake I do not comment or say anything unless the person asks me. I had a girl ask me once if her "MC Pochette" was authentic after she saw my Abbesses and matching accessories. I told her, no, I'm sorry...it is not. She looked down at it and said are you sure?! My aunt paid $250 for it. I told her I am sure...the authentic MC Pochette retails for $500+
Her eyes shot wide open and she said jesus...LOL...:lol:

It's sad...giving $250 dollars for junk that won't even last 2-3 months.

Lee69 said:
Both you and your DH are soo kind :yes:. This is kind of sad:crybaby: .I think to her it's a gift from her DH that counts LV or not. God bless you both.:flowers:

I totally agree with you. Now for the question about feeling bad for someone with a fake, I sometimes feel bad for them because that is what they can afford.

Oh that is so kind of you and your DH to do that for her!! That is a sad story, I guess it doesn't matter that it was fake b/c it had such sentimental value to her.

well done! i respect what you and your DH for being so nice to the woman and her daughters:yes: i'm so sad over the story and started to tear. :crybaby: god bless the husband of that woman will come back and reunion with them soon:sad:

The story above aside, I generally don't. Mostly because the vast majority of people I run into who have fakes are girls my age who look at MY bags and scoff, then make sure I get a good long look at their fake bag.
But in general, I just don't really care if someone has a fake anymore.

I feel bad just reading this story, especially when she mentioned that her army hubbie bought it for her before he left the country. She must have cherished that fake bag alot. :crybaby:

What a great story! I used to be a real snob when it came to fakes, but really, like Elongreach pointed out, it's just a bag. If the owner likes it, that's all that matters in the end. Who's to say that half the LV's we see out there every day aren't fakes? But if the owner likes it, then that's fine with me (copyright infringement aside, of course...)

Nice story - you know, it really made me feel a bit sad about our bag hobby and how fortunate we are to carry real LV, Chanel, etc... when one of our bags could feed a family for 2 months.

I don't condone fakes and the whole copyright thing, but I just found it so touching that the woman was so proud of her bag and wallet that her husband picked out, and what that meant to her. She may not know it's fake, but she probably cares about the bag more than I do with some of mine, when I'll list it on eBay once I'm bored with it... really nice story :smile:

that's so sweet and kind of you and your DH to help her out... and i thought that the fact that she was so proud and loving that bag is awesme... she may or may not know the bag is fake... but she loves it anyway because it was a present from her husband.. and i think sometimes that's enough for a person... ;)

i don't feel bad for people who have fake bags... it's a matter of choice and some people simply don't care about carrying fakes... and that's fine with me... i am just glad that i am fortunate enough to be able to own a real one.. :tender:

BrodiesLVMama said:
...she didn't seem to know or care about the difference between my bag and hers. I could probably buy a thousand bags for what hers is worth to her though.

This says it all, right here. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my sweetie was serving in Iraq, but I can say that I'd treasure even the smallest thing he'd chosen to give me. With so much love behind it, authenticity is completely moot.