Have you ever been snubbed while wearing LV and other designers?

Some people are rude or unpleasant or negative or whatever. But I suspect they're like that regardless of where you shop or what you're wearing.

I'm with leelee and swanky. The salesperson was probably having a bad day and would have taken it out on you no matter what you were wearing. She probably didn't even notice. Remember, you said the store was kind of in disarray, and it's the SAs who have to clean all that up. I think they probably spend most of their time doing stuff like that because people come in with the attitude that it's discount, they don't need to treat the merchandise with respect. I'd have a rough time working there too (though hopefully wouldn't take it out on the customers.)

the thing is. . . MOST people have no idea what brand jeans, coat, etc. . . you're wearing. I don't. Not only do I not notice, but I don't care and have no idea what they cost.
It doesn't even make sense to me . . .

^ I agree. My colleague notices it all the time, but I don't. She's like: "did you see what she was wearing? That's real expensive, where does she get the money? And did you notice she already was wearing this or that twice this week?"

Uh no, I wasn't paying any attention to that, I was just listening to what this woman was saying. I judge people by their personality, not by what they are wearing.

Ok I don't mean to be rude, but you said several things in your post that were very off-putting. I've highlighted them for reference. Just a thought... maybe the SA was snobby to you, because YOU were acting snobby first? :shrugs:

I'm inclined to agree, although I understand the OP's frustration.

I would hate for a SA to be rude, period!

Here's something that happened to me this weekend at Saks- i never bought anything from their handbag dept b/c they don't have the brands i like.. but being the purse enthusiast i am... i always like to go and check out the merchandise.

this particular SA is always there, always loud, and always gives me these looks. So I'm there this weekend, checking out MJ/Prada bags.. and she finally decides to come over and try to sell me the bag i'm checking out.. i played along, and say what a beautiful color it is.. and continue to look at it... and I guess she figures out that I'm NOT buying the bag... and she just walks back to the counter... she didn't say anything like "let me know if you need anything.."

My husband and i laughed at the incident later, but it didn't bother me. I go to look around, and I won't dress a certain way to gain the respect of SAs or people in general. My $$$ is mine to spend however i like, where ever i like, on whatever i like... it's no one else's business!

Rude people suck! Personally, I have been snubbed at some department stores and I just walk away and go elsewhere. I do think that it's SA-dependent. I tend to have much better luck at the boutiques. Maybe boutiques train their people better or whatever, I don't know and I don't care. My simple thought is if you're rude to me, then you don't get my money. End of story. No second chances.

I have to say that one time, I felt particularly flushed because I was dressed in my a target jacket that I had gotten because I was cold and dind't want to spend the money. Anyways, the Fendi SA was swooning over my jacket while I was trying on the Fendi clothes. I was so embarrassed and she was soo nice. A part of me wondered if it was reverse psychology.

I agree with Swanky. Generally speaking a *****y SA is going to be *****y regardless of who you are or what you are wearing. She probably didn't notice or care what name you were wearing or how much it cost.

The SA should not have been rude regardless of what you were wearing.

However, wearing expensive clothes doesn't entitle anyone to be treated with more respect than someone else. Like what other posters said, she likely had no clue what your hoodie or coin purse was.

I also read that you re-read your own post and now had second thoughts about how you described the experience. It's great that you recognized it!

On the flip side, I was waiting on a couple of women who were having lunch and they were both dressed in fur boots, vests and had designer bags and sunglasses. I, because I also cook the food, was dressed pretty casually. I complimented one woman on her LV purse and she actually hugged it to her body and sort of grimaced at me! She didn't even say, "Thank you."
Perhaps she thought I meant to steal it from her!! :nogood:

Sorry I stole the title from "have you ever been snubbed while shopping at LV" haha!

Well today I was shopping in the mall and thought that I would stop into Filene's Basement. My friend said that she purchased high-end designer stuff for real cheap, so I had to check it out.

I've never really shopped at Filene's Basement before so when I stepped in, I was a bit bewildered by the untidiness and piles of clothes everywhere. I was walking around very confused and an SA seemed to be staring at me and following me around. I then came upon a locked-up counter with Gucci and Prada bags in it. The bags were so cheap! I noticed that there was a sign in the case that said Additional 50%. I had to ask the SA if the bags were an addit 50% off. The snobby SA then said, "No...THESE are designers. Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Gucci... They do NOT EVER go on sale" and began to turn her back to me and walk way.

What the HECK? Are you serious? I don't understand why I was treated so poorly at FILENE'S BASEMENT! I've never been treated like this at an LV, Saks, NM, or any high-end boutique. I was just so put off by her attitude that it kind of ruined my whole day:lol:

:roflmfao:

yea. I have been through a couple of snobby SAs. But get this, there was these girls at Victorias Secret. LMAO

They thought they were so cute because they splurged their paychecks on Tiffany jewelry.

I would hear them talking about customers ON THE FLOOR!

I just find it funny sometimes that SAs catch on with this snobby behavior. You would think they were the President of the whole company or something.

Ok I don't mean to be rude, but you said several things in your post that were very off-putting. I've highlighted them for reference. Just a thought... maybe the SA was snobby to you, because YOU were acting snobby first? :shrugs:

I've shopped everywhere from Walmart to Hermes and I've NEVER in my life had an SA brush me off. But I'm also not the kind of person who thinks they're above shopping at certain stores :whistle:...

Claire, I agree with you 100%!! cupcake for you! :biggrin:

I'm surprised at how many posters think this SA must have been jealous. Just because someone's outfit costs less than your bag doesn't mean they want what you have. Especially if the attitude comes with it.