Have you converted to Vintage?

With worldwide inflation and Chanel leading the way on prices, I’m not finding vintage bags to be the bargains they once were. People are even driving up prices on damaged bags that from experience I know cannot be brought back to a wearable look. I’m completely befuddled on what’s going on. :whut:

Has anyone else noticed this price inflation across the board?

I think for those of us who have the patience to wait it out, the prices will eventually cycle back down :smile:

for every mini kelly or overpriced CF that is sold, there are many that are languishing on the reseller shelVES.

what I shunned as passé years back is what I aspire to currently lol

I have always preferred vintage because I agree with a previous comment that they have an understated elegance that I don’t see in many newer pieces. Here’s my collection… and I have this medium classic flap on the way!! :cool:

Attachments

• E490A9F7-B2FE-490D-96E6-C286338B92D6.jpeg
    E490A9F7-B2FE-490D-96E6-C286338B92D6.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1BFE9ABA-FAAB-4C5C-938B-3D0430E41E96.jpeg
    1BFE9ABA-FAAB-4C5C-938B-3D0430E41E96.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 92
I have always preferred vintage because I agree with a previous comment that they have an understated elegance that I don’t see in many newer pieces. Here’s my collection… and I have this medium classic flap on the way!! :cool:
Beautiful collection! Wow that Mf looks gorgeous!
Im happy to have at least one MF vintage in amaaazing condition in my collection. Ot can transform from blazer jeans outfit to dressy outfit so nicely
I just cleaned and conditioned mine.

Attachments

• AC1E57D5-4904-45D0-ACB4-F2375B9A7DC6.jpeg
    AC1E57D5-4904-45D0-ACB4-F2375B9A7DC6.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 71
Beautiful collection! Wow that Mf looks gorgeous!
Im happy to have at least one MF vintage in amaaazing condition in my collection. Ot can transform from blazer jeans outfit to dressy outfit so nicely
I just cleaned and conditioned mine.

Yours is beautiful!! Do you know what year it’s from? The one I bought no longer has the sticker. All I know it’s from the mid-late 80’s.

Reactions: MeBagaholic
Love your straight flap...I have one as well (with the reissue chain) and I adore it. It's just something a little different :smile:

I love vintage Chanel, I think I get more excited over vintage pieces than new.

Hi! New user here. I just got a vintage small classic double flap (series 1) and I noticed that the straps are shorter than what they say it's supposed to be. Does anyone know if they used to make the series 1 with shorter straps or did the previous owner have it shortened...
We can't answer authenticity-related questions here, so I can't comment on whether it's the correct length...but I will say that my vintage double flap has a short chain as well, the newer ones are much longer.

I personally love the Chanel vintage pieces, especially in lambskin. The leather is so buttery and not to mention the color of the gold hardware. Here’s my vintage tall square double flap. I love how it is taller than the regular medium classic flap. It is a great choice over a mini square if you are looking for more space.View attachment 5277127View attachment 5277135
Im looking for vintage square myself
Beautiful!

With worldwide inflation and Chanel leading the way on prices, I’m not finding vintage bags to be the bargains they once were. People are even driving up prices on damaged bags that from experience I know cannot be brought back to a wearable look. I’m completely befuddled on what’s going on. :whut:

Has anyone else noticed this price inflation across the board?
I've noticed it too. I may not be able to buy any more Chanel purses :sad:

Reactions: Sparkletastic