Have I created a monster?

HiHeels said:
ohmgd, this thread made me wonder....
i'm not going to have to wait until i'm 83 and my daughter buys me a kelly, right?
:nuts: :nuts:

OMG I hope not cause I don't have a daughter and I don't think my dog is gonna buy me one.

**hugs** HiHeels, no way!!!! :flowers:

Great story and best wishes to your Mom! Your relationship with her is more precious than anything! I lost my Mom a few years back and would give anything to have just 5 minutes more with her. Enjoy your time with her!

coco-nut said:
This thread is a follow-up thread to one I made last week where I mentioned I would give my 32cm Black Box Kelly rigide to my mother who is quite ill. (http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/full-confession-30245.html)

I gave it to her last Wednesday and she was both really touched, and touch-y. That is, she petted it for about a half hour after we unwrapped it! I told her that I had bought it used (true! from L-Z) and that it really wasn't that expensive. (ok, fib!)

Anyway, she was pleased and wore it on Saturday to a bridal shower for a young family friend.

The thing is, it is a bit awkward for her. She's 83, and needs ambulatory oxygen, so she carries a lightweight tank with her at all times. It is extremely lightweight, and is designed to be worn around the waist, but it's heavy enough to hurt her back, so she carries it in her hand. So in the other hand, she carried the bag. She was a bit wobbly, but ok.

Today she took the Kelly to the chemotherapy clinic, and set it on an end table during the drip. Out of nowhere, she glanced at it, and then at me and asked, "Do they make this bag in a smaller size? It's a little large for me." And then said she'd like to buy one.

I gasped, then laughed, and said "Of course they do!" So I guess I'm now on the hunt for a 28cm Kelly. I didn't have the heart to tell her how much they cost, so I might end up buying another one and letting her chip in a nominal amount.

She's my mom, right?
Coco, she's your MOM! and she's 83! Buy her the bag!

This story makes me laugh because it reminds me of my mother carring her Kelly like that! you just made me cry! :crybaby: I miss her so much!