Hating College!

I hated college so I dropped out, went back, graduated, hate my job, and back in school again. It will all work out, just don't be as schizo as I am and you wont be in there as long :P

I think college is just time on task. Think of it as a means to an end. I would advise that you get involved in your classes, and try to learn something in each one. I went back to school at age 29, and am finding that every once and a while, I remember some bit of obscure knowledge that helps in a given situation. Not all the time, of course, but you will take some things with you. My favorite class of all: Art History. Seriously, I am an accountant, but that class was more useful to me than any other. I would advise you to take it, if you have not.

Hang in there! I loved college for the social scene but hated going to classes and hated studying even more. My roommate in college even had to tie me down to a chair in front of a computer to get me to write my term paper. Oddly, it took me having to leave that school because of a family emergency and move back home to motivate me to do well in school. I never liked it - but it opened so many doors for me. And before I knew it, I was in law school- which I did love- and now a practicing attorney. The funny part is, after all that education- I am contemplating staying at home with my son full time. But here is the key- I will always have my degree to fall back on and I will never have to depend on anyone else to survive. Oddly enough, education means freedom in the long run. And for me, it was worth those many painful and boring hours studying and going to class. I hope you stick it out too!!!

I am a junior in college, and I am just now starting to enjoy it. I graduated at the top of my class as well but once in college i started to suffer from depression and still do. You have to just hang in there and realize that it is all for the best. It is only 4 to 5 years of your life and will benifit the rest of your life tremendously. Also, once you actually get into your major classes and not just your GEC's things start to look up. Well, that is only if you actually enjoy your major and hopefully you can find something that you love. Good luck with everything and hang in there. :love:

That sucks, but stick it out :biggrin: I am a senior right now and am about to graduate over the summer. I went through a period of time in which I was really not liking it, but it passes.

i hated univeristy sooo much. it was really hard for my to finally get my BA. i thought about dropping out each year i was in the programme, but am i ever glad i stuck with it...

the grass is always greener on the other side, b/c once i entered the workforce...i only lasted a half a year before i went back to school! and now here i am, eager student. lol