Has Roxanne reached the end of the line...?

O M G !!!

Well, Im not going to be the one to tell Croxley & Teddies!!!

To protect their rare assets they will need armed guards.

Seriously, it does sound quite feasible. I would guess that the Roxanne takes quite a few "man hours" to produce and so Mulberry (even at 750gbp) dont see it as a cash cow anymore.

Also, it does worry me that NVT seems to be out of favour - its seriously more cost for Mulberry than the other leather types and we dont seem to get the new bag styles offered in NVT.

Ells xx

Well, if it's true Ells, then it will be great news for your fabulous roxy collection! It's price as a collector's piece should rocket if they become rare. I still can't believe how many different coloured beautiful roxy bags you own. You are very blessed! Xx

O M G !!!

Well, Im not going to be the one to tell Croxley & Teddies!!!

To protect their rare assets they will need armed guards.

Seriously, it does sound quite feasible. I would guess that the Roxanne takes quite a few "man hours" to produce and so Mulberry (even at 750gbp) dont see it as a cash cow anymore.

Also, it does worry me that NVT seems to be out of favour - its seriously more cost for Mulberry than the other leather types and we dont seem to get the new bag styles offered in NVT.

I've been puzzled by that too Ellie. If Roxie's time is up I'd like to see NVT replacements.

Could it be that they are aiming younger and the likes of Oak NVT would not survive the club circuit!!

I couldn't really see myself dancing around an NVT Alexa scooshing her with Collinol on every beat!

Well, if it's true Ells, then it will be great news for your fabulous roxy collection! It's price as a collector's piece should rocket if they become rare. I still can't believe how many different coloured beautiful roxy bags you own. You are very blessed! Xx

Thankyou hun. I was gobsmacked a few years ago when they had a massive discontinuation (annie, phoebe, emmy, henley, bloomsbury, etc), and the prices on ebay indicate that these styles are ever popular.

I really do fear however, that we have seen the last of Mulberry bags with lots of detail...............ie added cost.

I still think it was mean not to put side buckles on the Alexa.

Maybe if roxy was cheaper they would sell more. I'm sure someone said the profit margins for mulberry are v high. I had been considering letting oak roxy go but not now.

It would be such a shame wouldnt it- another nail in the coffin for the real mulberry quality so many of us fell in love with- if they arent careful they will end up being no different from many other brands and losing the plot

Maybe if roxy was cheaper they would sell more. I'm sure someone said the profit margins for mulberry are v high. I had been considering letting oak roxy go but not now.

I have a roxy too (oak nvt) that i never use. I had been thinking of letting it go, but now that Mulberry are thinking of phasing them out, i'll definately be keeping mine too BC :sad:

Corries You are brilliant :smile:

Last time in Stockholm they had one oak Roxy on display at Mulberry NK (on the highest top shelf in the rear of the shop) and none at BJG, seems they are pushing newer models harder. There are a lot of Bays an E/W Bays.

Bluecat makes an interesting point about the price of roxy being pretty high. I agree. I started out my collection this January and the one bag I really wanted was a roxy. New costs £750 so i straight away looked at second hand. I bought a pink one for £345 but sadly was faulty and had to be returned. Now I am thinking that if and when I eventually get one I will be more likely to go for choc or black so it could be used for work or play. I could not ever spend £750 on 1 bag though. Black and chc don't come up at outlets much so would be looking at £450-£500 on ebay for an excellent condition NVT roxy. That seems a lot for a second hand bag which includes the risks and possible heartbreak of ebay. As much as I want one, the temptation for me in the future will be to instead spend any spare money on another style mulberry bag new from an outlet or another style new and discounted from somewhere like My Wardrobe. In total I have now spent far more on my bags then it would have cost to have just got a new choc roxy from HoF, yet something has stopped me doing this. Maybe I am a case in point for why roxy sales might be slumping. I want a roxy yet it has not happened for one reason or another. If My wardrobe had had in choc or black when the 25% discount was on then I would probably have done myself an injury in the rush to reach my credit card.

I think that Ellie and Elvis are totally right in saying that the older styles are clearly being sidelined.....it is also clear that the details on the older styles are not being replicated on the newer ones...ie the side buckles on the Alexa.....i am sure that the poppers it has will wear and not work - that will not bother me overly but the side buckle deatail would have elevated this bag into the trad mulberry style instead of being a (still) imo, overpriced bag for what it is.

The only thing that Mulberry is doing in raising the prices and lowering the quality is enabling us to look at other brands.....they suddenly seem like reasonable value!!