Has anyone stopped getting PCEs!?

When I had drifted away from Coach, I was getting them regurlarly. Now that I am buying all the time, I get them at random. I haven't been getting the emailed codes but I do sometimes get the card in the mail.

Interesting...after being excluded from the last few I just received an invite for 3/20-3/27. I am guessing perhaps it really was the two FOS purchases that kept me off the last lists and my recent Vachetta Borough purchase that put me back on? Very strange because I'm much more likely to order something the times I didn't just buy something (although admittedly I only bought the B because I knew it would have been excluded anyway and inventory was a concern) than right after making a purchase so I would think some different criteria might be better...

Did anyone else receive this one?

Interesting...after being excluded from the last few I just received an invite for 3/20-3/27. I am guessing perhaps it really was the two FOS purchases that kept me off the last lists and my recent Vachetta Borough purchase that put me back on? Very strange because I'm much more likely to order something the times I didn't just buy something (although admittedly I only bought the B because I knew it would have been excluded anyway and inventory was a concern) than right after making a purchase so I would think some different criteria might be better...

I have heard that they are getting more selective with PCEs and are trying to find new customers (and to bring back lapsed customers) rather than reaching out to current, frequent customers. Very foolish IMO but then they didn't ask my opinion!

I've just received a 25% off full-price merchandise email from March 21 - 24 but it doesn't include a code to redeem the discount (maybe I will get that tomorrow?) But I wonder why you got one that goes from 3/20 - 3/27 while mine if for a shorter period? What's the sense of that!

I have heard that they are getting more selective with PCEs and are trying to find new customers (and to bring back lapsed customers) rather than reaching out to current, frequent customers. Very foolish IMO but then they didn't ask my opinion!

I've just received a 25% off full-price merchandise email from March 21 - 24 but it doesn't include a code to redeem the discount (maybe I will get that tomorrow?) But I wonder why you got one that goes from 3/20 - 3/27 while mine if for a shorter period? What's the sense of that!

No, they didn't ask me either lol but I think if they would ask us we could provide some very valuable opinions! :smile:

Just went back to check in case I misread it but it is through the 27th but also noticed that this is apparently a FB offer rather than the usual PCE so maybe that explains the difference. Still very strange to me to have different things going on at different times but then insist on excluding or including different people...especially since anyone can go into FB and like their page and get the 25% off. Seems to just upset people needlessly (but again they didn't ask me...this is probably why my husband reminds me that not everyone is looking for my feedback to "fix things"...job hazard lol!).

Found the FB event. Surprised it posted a tad early, but considering Coach's next earnings call is popping up here on 4/22, perhaps they juiced up the timeframe just a tad. (Any remaining stockholders with long positions hopefully are paying attention to details such as that?)

Meanwhile, looking at tpf and a lot of the agonizing we see or experience with Coach and their "lists," just a suggestion. I USED to be a Coach shareholder. Not anymore, though. Their stock is tanking, and there's a lot of reasons for that, which I won't list -- but one I see as primary vs tertiary is this sales event issue. Coach really needs to revise its nomenclature For one, reconsider the term PCE entirely. How about calling it what it is ... A SALE?!

The very term PCE translates to "favorite." If Coach is using discounts to lure former customers who've temporarily departed, separated , or abandoned Coach, long- or short- term, those of us "in the know " are patently aware that these offers are not necessarily being extended to "favorite" customers. So, why not have an event that offers a spelled out or better described "Special" or "exclusive shopping invitation" by including fine print that simply spells out who is getting this offer? If Coach can include fine print about exclusions, then why not the offer's audience? Then continue with "exclusive " events that delineate who is being given the offer. For example, in the fine print, state something like, "This offer is extended to the valued customer listed on the offer , for their loyalty in shopping at Coach boutiques and is not transferable. Identification may be requested when presenting this card to Sales Associates." Or, "This offer is being extended as a WELCOME BACK to customers who we hope will return to a Coach boutique during the time limits put forth in this offer."
Put differently, with the frequency of the singularly named event, PCE, and the implications of the term, preferred, Coach does propagate another problem. Beyond all of the frequent deletes, alleged "selling out" of bags that go to factory in droves, and how some "limited edition" bags appear in four digit quantities; Coach stands to alienate actual , REAL preferred customers by sticking to nomenclature that was used EONS ago for events that actually, maybe really targeted loyal Coachies. Or so we were led to believe long ago , that was a "PCE."

So if Coach wishes to discount their bags , and to select who is to be the recipients of those discounts, they need to re-examine the entitlement sounding term they are using: PREFERRED. This term lends itself to loyal shoppers feeling that they are entitled to be a part of the offer. In my humble opinion, more classifications and/or terms along with fine print explication might help. It's as though they are sending out an invitation to Senior Prom, to many underclassmen. So when forgotten or excluded juniors and seniors see this, of course they feel alienated as well as entitled to that invite. (Imagine if school administrators told some in a formal "ban" letter that they were excluded for contributing too much to the school Booster club--somewhat akin to be labeled a "reseller" or whatnot...?) And hence perhaps a not so pleasant if not downright negative response may occur; ie kids create their own prom. Or in this case, loyal Coachies "make their own prom" and decide to pop into Michael Kors "just for a sneak peek." I know I have Cinnabar Hamilton impressions now that a Preston will be competing with in the coming days. And more importantly, Michael Kors on my stock ticker watch list. (Time to add to my portfolio ?)

Coach could spare themselves at least a small loss or alienation of good customers by investing in just one bottle of white out, two dozen or so donuts, and a couple two hour meetings to design new nomenclature for a simple concept that they are making terribly, terribly complicated: A SALE.

Last edited:
^^^ Great posts, all. I still haven't gotten any PCEs just the current FB one. I'm thinking of using that, but I'm not sure I want to give Coach any more money. They don't want me so why should I want them?

I have spent most, not all, of my Coach money at the outlet on deletes. I do own some FP paid FP with PCE (the FB one earlier) namely the dragonfly, and the Legacy black studded duffle, I'm sure there are others, those pop to mind.

I would be exactly the target customer proff mentioned, lure me to the FP side with a targeted invite: "Hey, you've bought a ton of our full price stuff at the outlet, come see us at FP." Clean up that language advert people, lol.

I received a PCE card in the mail 5 days prior to the 25% off event for March 16 - March 20. I used it online to purchase a classic bag and they provided free shipping. After reading what was said about when the 25% off is issued, it has no pattern and makes no sense.
Maybe they use a computer program and provide search arguments to pull up customers and from this selection they issue the PCE event cards which you can use online or in a store. Not being able to use a discount online is foolish because most people find it convenient to shop online.

for some reason, i haven't received any pce's via email in a while - it's been about 4 months. i used to get every pce by email and mail. i also used to receive very regular emails with new releases, but haven't even received a new release email since december. maybe it's a gmail issue? i had an issue back in december where i couldn't remember my coach.com password, would request a reset by email, and that email would show up hours later.the only emails i've received in the past 3 months have been a tracking number in december when i ordered a gift for a friend and a tracking number about a month ago when i ordered my borough.

i have been receiving pce's regularly in the mail, so i guess i shouldn't complain - though that recent email 30% off pce would have been nice!
Maybe try going to Coach online and reset our password by clicking on "forgot password" option. The under our account there are options to receive emails, information on events, and other options. Just check off all that you are interested in and you should be receiving updates and event information.

Last edited:
Found the FB event. Surprised it posted a tad early, but considering Coach's next earnings call is popping up here on 4/22, perhaps they juiced up the timeframe just a tad. (Any remaining stockholders with long positions hopefully are paying attention to details such as that?)

Meanwhile, looking at tpf and a lot of the agonizing we see or experience with Coach and their "lists," just a suggestion. I USED to be a Coach shareholder. Not anymore, though. Their stock is tanking, and there's a lot of reasons for that, which I won't list -- but one I see as primary vs tertiary is this sales event issue. Coach really needs to revise its nomenclature For one, reconsider the term PCE entirely. How about calling it what it is ... A SALE?!

The very term PCE translates to "favorite." If Coach is using discounts to lure former customers who've temporarily departed, separated , or abandoned Coach, long- or short- term, those of us "in the know " are patently aware that these offers are not necessarily being extended to "favorite" customers. So, why not have an event that offers a spelled out or better described "Special" or "exclusive shopping invitation" by including fine print that simply spells out who is getting this offer? If Coach can include fine print about exclusions, then why not the offer's audience? Then continue with "exclusive " events that delineate who is being given the offer. For example, in the fine print, state something like, "This offer is extended to the valued customer listed on the offer , for their loyalty in shopping at Coach boutiques and is not transferable. Identification may be requested when presenting this card to Sales Associates." Or, "This offer is being extended as a WELCOME BACK to customers who we hope will return to a Coach boutique during the time limits put forth in this offer."
Put differently, with the frequency of the singularly named event, PCE, and the implications of the term, preferred, Coach does propagate another problem. Beyond all of the frequent deletes, alleged "selling out" of bags that go to factory in droves, and how some "limited edition" bags appear in four digit quantities; Coach stands to alienate actual , REAL preferred customers by sticking to nomenclature that was used EONS ago for events that actually, maybe really targeted loyal Coachies. Or so we were led to believe long ago , that was a "PCE."

So if Coach wishes to discount their bags , and to select who is to be the recipients of those discounts, they need to re-examine the entitlement sounding term they are using: PREFERRED. This term lends itself to loyal shoppers feeling that they are entitled to be a part of the offer. In my humble opinion, more classifications and/or terms along with fine print explication might help. It's as though they are sending out an invitation to Senior Prom, to many underclassmen. So when forgotten or excluded juniors and seniors see this, of course they feel alienated as well as entitled to that invite. (Imagine if school administrators told some in a formal "ban" letter that they were excluded for contributing too much to the school Booster club--somewhat akin to be labeled a "reseller" or whatnot...?) And hence perhaps a not so pleasant if not downright negative response may occur; ie kids create their own prom. Or in this case, loyal Coachies "make their own prom" and decide to pop into Michael Kors "just for a sneak peek." I know I have Cinnabar Hamilton impressions now that a Preston will be competing with in the coming days. And more importantly, Michael Kors on my stock ticker watch list. (Time to add to my portfolio ?)

Coach could spare themselves at least a small loss or alienation of good customers by investing in just one bottle of white out, two dozen or so donuts, and a couple two hour meetings to design new nomenclature for a simple concept that they are making terribly, terribly complicated: A SALE.
That is so well said. They are going to loose the loyal customers if they do not issue % off to them. It would be appropriate to issue a 25% off to customers (in store or online) for each season's new items. People buy gifts for others and that may boost sales.

Really so well said.

...Meanwhile, looking at tpf and a lot of the agonizing we see or experience with Coach and their "lists," just a suggestion. I USED to be a Coach shareholder. Not anymore, though. Their stock is tanking, and there's a lot of reasons for that, which I won't list -- but one I see as primary vs tertiary is this sales event issue. Coach really needs to revise its nomenclature For one, reconsider the term PCE entirely. How about calling it what it is ... A SALE?!...

You're a smart lady, Prof!

Yesterday I went to the boutique store to return an online purchase and I brought the FB PCE with me but I didn't see anything that grabbed me so I didn't use it (and I didn't mention it to the SA.)

While he was processing the return the SA told me that I was scheduled for another PCE starting the next day (today) and offered to extend it to me early as a pre-sale but I declined. That was nice of him because I might not have known about it and been disappointed to find out after I got home.

I feel a bit sorry for the SAs because they are just trying to satisfy customers and make sales but that must be challenging sometimes considering all the weird and conflicting policies mandated by coach corporate!

Thanks, ladies. I appreciate your insights / feedback on my comment.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of ordering an LV this weekend! My first in over 20 years. And I'm heading over to the Kors outlet this weekend, to scope out Hamiltons. Maybe no FB coupon for me! I've been thinking Coach 's logic applied to customers such as I can be applied equivalently, in the reverse. They are re-selling and re-selling, the PCE concept, that is. Perhaps I need to remove them from my list and let them wait for me to decide if I should put them back on my list! And in turn, NO WAY will I disclose the specifics as to how or why I'll put them "back" on MY list. I'll just leave it that, "This time, I don't see you on my list. But I'll be sure to keep your data here, for future shopping events!" Lol. Gosh, this feels liberating!