Has anyone secretly wished ..

i looked up LV for internships and they were all unpaid =( i would think such a luxury brand as LVMH would pay their interns but oh well. i think i prefer buying their bags and accessories than actually working =)

hi, I belive if you work for LV as SA then 2 or 3 times a year you can purchase one bag at 30% off. I know they have limit on what you can buy with the discount, also cannot use on limited items.

I want the discount of course but I hate "selling";) . I also hate rude obnoxious people who think they are better than you b/c they have "money",:cursing: soooooo I don't think it would work out:P

I worked in sales as a teen and LOVED it. I love the interaction with others, putting outfits together, and making people happy. If I could work in retail andmake the same amount that I make in my current job that I LOATHE I would do it in a heart beat!!!!

I just think that all the retail jobs are the same. You have to deal with customers and other mandatory stuff. I don't think it matters whether you work at LV or somewhere else. It's probably going to be the same except for the sweet discount.

I def think it would be fun to work at LV and get to see all the behind the scenes action and get the discount. But, it also may take away from the special-ness of the bags.
I really wanted a COACH gallery tote a few years ago, so I got a job at the outlet store. the discount was super sweet (65% off at factory stores, 50% off at full price stores) but after a while it got old and buying new bags wasnt exciting anymore.

I think I'd be a good candidate. I know LV's products more than all the SAs at my local boutique, I speak English, French, and Chinese (2 dialects)... However, even if they BEGGED me to work at LV, I would NEVER accept their offer because I like to buy what I want and not have limitations... Discounts don't really interest me, I hate it when tons of people are around me...

lol.. i took French & Japanese in high school and bits in college.. and i live in OC.. Spanish would've been too obvious to take.. I can't speak much of either anymore, but I can still tell what's going on if I hear it (either French or Japanese).

I'm waiting for the Bloomindale's LV to start hiring before I submit my resume (or perhaps I should do it soon..). Hell.. I am the self proclaimed Retail King.. I've been doing it along enough! LOL.

and breakfast lover.. retail is not all the same. There are different "outlets" of retail.. Furnishings, Clothing, Shoes, Auto, Luxury, Boutique and countless others. A car salesperson couldn't just turn around and try to sell a purse.. Nor could a clothing salesperson turn around and try to sell a $20k bedroom set. The overall concept / idea may be the same (selling), but the customers are different.. they all have a different mindset, and a different idea of what they think is the ideal shopping environment. The customers are different too.. just as the industry is.

That's like saying all forms of Editing is the same. editing what? paper? books? film? magazines? is the editor-in-chief of Vogue, doing the same job as the lead editor of Disney? I don't think so.

hi, I belive if you work for LV as SA then 2 or 3 times a year you can purchase one bag at 30% off. I know they have limit on what you can buy with the discount, also cannot use on limited items.

the exact discount is as follows:
frozen7313 said:
30% regular discount on non limited merchandise; 6 month wait on new release and limited items, unless they want to purchase at full price (some do); up to 75% on defect, returned, or display (on the shelves with leather that has a patina) models. there is a cap of approx $2-3,000 a year, but a little more, something like $4-5,000 for the RTV (return to vendor - vender in this case meaning the LV warehouse) items.
taken from the LV Reference subforum

also, application process for anyone that's interested: http://forum.purseblog.com/1635083-post15.html :yes:

Personally I don't see why people think working as a SA at LV would be so great, it's just a retail job, nothing really glamouros about it. Of course all retail jobs are not the same, but they all have some common ground such as long/late hours, rude customers that expect you to wait on them hand and foot, taking inventory and closing the tills. You can't get around these parts, even at LV. It sounds sweeter than working at your local Dillard's, but my guess is that it's alot harder...more demanding customers, higher standards set by the management etc. Sure, the discounts are a sweet little benefit, but to me it would also take away some of the "fun" of getting a new LV bag, it wouldn't be the same IMO.

When I am really bored at work , I sometimes wish that I work at an LV retail store to get the discounts.
And start wondering if the LV corporate people get discounts too and then start browsing the Lv corporate site to see if they have a job opening that would fit me.
But then i have to move to Paris and I cannot speak French. :dots:

I can speak French too, but I don't think it's really about the language. There aren't alot of jobs in LV in France. Those that are available are mostly "stages" or internships (non-renumerated jobs = no €£¢$¥). Those that do pay are really for EU citizens with a near-perfect French language fluency. US or citizens outside of the EU need not apply b/c LV won't pay for the transfer.

On a yearly basis, I do think that they can bring people from around in other LV boutiques to work in the French circuit stores only if you're selected amongst as being the best SA of the best. I guess in that case, you'd have to start as an SA and work your way up :yes:

G'luck with your decision though! :flowers: