Home & Garden Has Anyone Purchased a Home in Foreclosure?

Thank you. It is exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

The inspection went well. Just some roof repairs, which we expected, and minor cosmetic things. So next up, we have to get the oil tank inspected. The house has gas now but we just want to see what they did with the oil tank.

Praying that all goes well.

Any update? Hoping you have moved into your new home already

Any update? Hoping you have moved into your new home already

Hi. I was hoping to update when the house was in my possession but sadly it is not.

My bank has held up the funds in lieu of the repairs being done. At this time, the sellers bank has not provided an extension on the closing date to allow the repairs to happen.
At this time, I am in a gray area.
I have spent thousands of dollars and I do not have an extension or a house. It is very frustrating. I am hoping this week will bring some news as the closing was scheduled for this past Monday.

Please pray for me.

Hi. I was hoping to update when the house was in my possession but sadly it is not.

My bank has held up the funds in lieu of the repairs being done. At this time, the sellers bank has not provided an extension on the closing date to allow the repairs to happen.
At this time, I am in a gray area.
I have spent thousands of dollars and I do not have an extension or a house. It is very frustrating. I am hoping this week will bring some news as the closing was scheduled for this past Monday.

Please pray for me.

Oh man, thats terrible, Im so sorry you're having to go through all of that. its been so long, wasnt it October? Please keep us updated. Saying a prayer it all goes well from here on out.

Update:

After nearly 7 months, I closed on the house yesterday!!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

It was a long and draining process but the reward was worth the wait.

I have a long list of things to be done but with time, patience and saving some money, I will tackle them one at a time.

A big thank you to everyone who offered their stories and support. It truly meant a lot to me and helped me stay focused.:hugs:

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. When I moved into my house it needed a LOT of work. My advice make a list, big jobs on one side small on the other. Do one big then 2 small. It will make you feel like you are getting there faster. LOL Enjoy your new home!

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. When I moved into my house it needed a LOT of work. My advice make a list, big jobs on one side small on the other. Do one big then 2 small. It will make you feel like you are getting there faster. LOL Enjoy your new home!

Thank you for the advice. Trying to figure out where to start is mind numbing.
One thing at a time is my motto.

A cheap fix that makes a huge difference is paint. For less than $50 you can buy a gallon of paint and brushes etc. and change the look of an entire room. I had to remove 3 layers of wallpaper (100 year old wallpaper :o) before I could paint but what a difference. Please take before and after pics too. You will get a laugh looking back years from now.

Thank you for the advice. Trying to figure out where to start is mind numbing.
One thing at a time is my motto.