Has Anyone Had The V-Laser For Rosacea/Sun Damage?

winternight said:
The cream doesn't work for spider veins, does it?

I have some and I've done one laser treatment but I have to go back again for at least 2 more. Its rather pricey.
Hey!! I'll try it! I have a small one starting up on my inner thigh. I will post it back here in a few days

chag said:
Hey!! I'll try it! I have a small one starting up on my inner thigh. I will post it back here in a few days
Ok so I used it on my thigh and I will have to say it looks 50% better so far with just a couple of uses maybe 3x's. I forgot to put it on when I said I would :noggin: anyway you know how the spidervein is infused with lots of tiny rerd ones and then it has bigger purple ones? Well all the tiny red ones are gone and the purple ones that are left shrinking. The ones on my cheeks and nose (red ones) are completly gone and I just have maybe 4 little purple ones left on my nose. The stuff works so if you want to try it ask your doc. I have insurance so I only paid the 15 dollar copay for it at the RX. Good Luck!

susan-eric said:
I use Metrogel--and would still have to after the laser. Roo--how long ago were you lasered? Did you doctor say anything about trying it again?

My dermatologist prescribed a combination of Metrogel, Finacea and Differen. I only use the Differen a few times a week, but the other two I use daily. This regimen has worked really well for me.

susan-eric said:
This isn't the one for wrinkles--this is the one that targets red for capillary breakage, etc. beneath the skin. I'm wondering if it really is a short healing process (how long) because walking around with a purple face is, well--not something I'd want to do for too long. But I am considering this after too many years in the sun with overly fair skin. Anyone done this?

I had it done in April (waited for Spring break so I could stay home a bit). I have mild rosacea, flushing, no breakout. My derm suggested that I have the laser treatment to get rid of some small capillary damage and general flushing. The downtime was about five days or so; I had some bruising, but it wasn't too bad, and there was really no pain at all.

Now my skin is smoother, no broken capillaries (I had some small ones around my nose) and flushes much less. I did see a marked improvement.

I had my first laser treatment today and I was expecting to turn sort of purple (at least that was what I had read would happen to the zapped capillaries)--but it didn't happen. Right now I feel as if I kept my face in front of an oven for too long, but otherwise I look pretty much the same. Is that normal or does that mean this is not going to work? (The procedure wasn't a big deal, but for what the 3 sessions are going to cost I could have bought a handbag! I'm going to feel handbag deprived if the laser doesn't work!)