Has anyone had ionic hair straigthtening?opnions please!!!!!

I had Japanese Straightening (not sure if its the same as ionic) done 2x. My hair came out gorgeous and shiny with no waves whatsoever. I loved it while it lasted but decided not to do it again b/c when it starts growing in the blow drying/ironing is a pain. I haven't noticed any damage from it though....

On the chihuahua chart she should weigh about 4 lb maybe a little over. my chi now weighs about 4 lb and my yorkie is the same size. It is a good size you can sneek them in all kinds of places in a bag . My chi has been everywhere : disney world, movies, resturants,etc. Because she is so small ,she can go a long time without water or food so she travels well. I will post a picture. I love all dogs small & large .

thank you for all the replys. Can you at least curl your front pieces in toward your face? How about relaxing? They said I could do that if I wanted to and it would keep the friz out and just make it easier to style.

you bring her to resteraunts! Thats funny. the other day I brought her in the store and the SA was like she is so cute put her on the counter and I was like I can't do that you might get in trouble from your manager (I don't think you are supppose to bring dogs in there) she said I am the manager can I hold her. Isn't that funny

Colleen25 said:
thank you. did you get it relaxed or the ionic straightening. Is your hair really curly. Mine is just wavy and thick and tends to get more wavy in humidity

I got it relaxed. My hair is reaaally curly and frizzy. In my avatar I've actually curled my curly hair, so my hair is much curlier than the ringlet you see.:rant: I hate it. So if I could find a solution, I would be thrilled.

I have been getting my hair relaxed for years. My hair is curly with really tight curls. Once I got it relaxed it took that away. Also if you go from curly to straight on virigin hair. The stylist will put some of the relaxer on the ends. But only enough to loosen the curls on the ends. That is important b/c if you just do the relaxer on the main part of your hair. The ends will get frizzy like they do when you don't have a relaxer. Also with relaxer sometimes coloring your hair can make it pop off. So be careful with that. Even though I have a relaxer my hair when it grows back from the root it comes in curly and I can still wet my hair and wear it curly if I want too. A relaxer usually last about 6wks but b/c of my hair texture I can go about 3 months without a re-touch. I wrote alot I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much I am appreciating all the feedback. Today I went to the hairdresser and she cut a couple of strands of my hair off and she is going to test the integrity of my hair. I have it highlighted blonde so the hairdresser said she has to test strand it and then she will get back to me. So I will let you all know what she says

Hello I just wanted to let everyone know I got the bio ionic straightening process done today. It cost 500. It took two people 4.5 hours. It looks great! It actually looks shinny and smooth. It does not make my hair look dried out at all. I have to wait three days before I can wash it. So after today I will be hidding out! I'll let you all know how it turns out after washing.

regrowth does look funky. and many of my friends have had their hair damaged by chemical straightening. if you have REALLY coarse hair, and you straighten it, its looks a bit funky becuase the texture looks off and not quite as shiny and smooth

Colleen25 said:
Hello I just wanted to let everyone know I got the bio ionic straightening process done today. It cost 500. It took two people 4.5 hours. It looks great! It actually looks shinny and smooth. It does not make my hair look dried out at all. I have to wait three days before I can wash it. So after today I will be hidding out! I'll let you all know how it turns out after washing.

I've had them done every year for 6 years till three years ago when I decided I look better with some waves. The ionic straightening, I dunno if it's the same as what they call magic perm or japanese straitening perm, did not damage my hair at all. I had lot less split ends if anything.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend CREDE shampoo and conditioner (especially the conditioner) after you got your perm. They are kind of pricy for hair product but I sear it has made my hair much manageable and made the effect of ionic perm last longer. It's well worth what you pay especially after a $500 perm.

Even without ionic perm my hair doesn't have any frizz anymore and is just clean hydrated shiny and straight. I swear it's the best thing that happened to my hair. And the only thing I'd put on my hair...

You can order them online at http://www.joybeauty.com/products/Crede/

Hey - I have the FHI Platform flat iron and it rules! It goes to 450 degrees and it takes me about 15-30 minutes to straighten my hair (I have a lot!!!)which is wavy but soooo frizzy and poofy. I look like a completely different person! I used to just put my hair up and go but the effort is so worth it! The VanMichael Salon I go to just switched to this iron and that's where I got mine.